• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New aspiegirl!

Lexa

Hi guys :)

It's really cool to join this community.
I'm quite extroverted and actually part of the "invisibles to the end of the Spectrum".

What else? I like sciences, social psychology, dancing, music, building things with 3D printers and my personal goal (probably for next holidays) will be to learn building drones.

welcome.png

Thanks guys for your messages!

Yes, some parts of the drone can be 3Dprinted. So it's possible to customize these parts with my nickname for exemple...

Hi Lexa, been here for a week (I think), and also really glad I joined.
Hope you get as much out of this community as I am

Welcome. I am still pretty new here and surprised to see the number of women on board. It was my previous understanding that aspie was much more a male thing.

Hi guys :)

It's really cool to join this community.
I'm quite extroverted and actually part of the "invisibles to the end of the Spectrum".

I'm new here too and have gotten a LOT of help and insight already! I wish you the same luck.

I have no idea what "invisibles to the end of the Spectrum" means. Care to explain?

I am a reclusive extrovert. By that I mean I can function when I need to but would rather be alone.

Your "extroverted" statement makes me wonder just how many people there are out there reading these posts who can't interact. I scored pretty high on the neurotypical scale (68) so I'm thinking perhaps that gives me an advantage that others may not have.

Hi fellow female aspie! I'm on the end of the spectrum where it's unlikely anyone would know. I think it's due to the ASD presenting in females and their mimicry abilities. That certainly rings true for me. Hope you enjoy the forums. I have got a lot from my time here. Support, validation and confidence in my thoughts. Good luck!

Hi Lexa, and welcome!
You'll be surprised at how many female Aspies are around, and I'm certain you'll like it here (I for one was away for a little more than 2 months, and I've missed the people here so, so much, I never would have thought upon signing up this would happen).

'Lo Lexa and welcome! You made the right decision, the people on here are awesome and I've gained so much insight on my condition just by being here slightly more than a month. I love this site.

I used to be a shy introvert and have been a lone wolf by choice. Later on I grew tired of being alone and decided to become an extrovert. It ended pretty badly...must have been lack of social experience, along with the fact that my social skills just plain suck. I lost a lot of potential friends in college and ended up more lonely that I ever was. I was pretty much a social outcast there. Luckily graduation came sooner than later and I was able to detach myself from everyone there and focus on my job, which I started a month after graduation.

I spend a lot of time at my computer, don't go out much. I'm very much obsessed with the online card game Hearthstone right now; other than just playing it daily I also talk about it to people (even ones that don't play it), I read a bunch of related websites, I watch multiple people playing it on stream, and I get really tilted whenever I go into a losing streak. I'm also into construction sites. I'm not interested in working at one, only in observing them. I simply ask my parents to drive me to the nearest parking area and then I just go and watch it in action. I also like reading online about the various construction projects in my city.

In my childhood and preteen years I used to be fascinated by streetlights and sprinklers. I observed every light, every sprinkler, just waiting for it to turn on. I always studied their shapes and remembered a lot of individual ones and their locations. I used to draw real and imaginary lights and sprinklers - and the same applied to construction sites. Right now I'm not into sprinklers anymore, and just a little bit into streetlights. I currently observe construction sites very actively, but I no longer draw them. I still imagine some though, and act them out in my mind.

Welcome, Lexa :)

While I do not understand what it's like to be an extrovert, I can relate to your liking for science and psychology. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom