• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Apple iOS8

Vanilla

Your friendly neighbourhood hedgehog
V.I.P Member
Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else, or if something can be done about it, but I've just recently updated my iPad with the latest iOS8, and have noticed that in my conversations tab, I can no longer distinguish the difference between read, and unread conversations. I can't remember what it looked like before the update, but am wondering if it's just me, or if something has changed for others too?

Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else, or if something can be done about it, but I've just recently updated my iPad with the latest iOS8, and have noticed that in my conversations tab, I can no longer distinguish the difference between read, and unread conversations. I can't remember what it looked like before the update, but am wondering if it's just me, or if something has changed for others too?

Well, if you would like to, send me a PM, so I actually have an unread conversation, lol. I have iOS 8 as well, I'll check it out

Hey Brent

Just letting you know that King_Oni and I tested this out, as we both have the latest OS on our devices, and both agree that new posts are harder to distinguish from old ones. I'm not too sure why it's doing it, or if anything can be done about it, but thought you'd want to know.

When a new post appears in the conversations menu:
  • The bolded text is only marginally more bold than the rest of the text.
  • The black dots that appear next to the portraits don't appear to have a function, as they appear next to every post, regardless of if they are new or old.

The black dots that appear next to the portraits don't appear to have a function, as they appear next to every post, regardless of if they are new or old.

Well, they do have function. You can toggle a PM as read/unread, yet from a UI perspective it seems a bit weird that the state doesn't change. It remains a black dot on either state. A white dot with a black outline on "read" vs. a black dot in total on "unread" would make more sense (and probably feels a bit more intuitive).

Yes, the typeface appears slightly smaller.

However on my system (27 inch monitor) it renders much clearer than the previous typeface. No ghosting. Much sharper. I like the tradeoff, but have no idea how this renders on others' systems.

I can only surmise that this typeface may be problematic to those using handheld devices with tiny viewing screens. I was wondering when someone would have brought this up...

Just in case this issue isn't known yet too, I noticed that images can't be uploaded either.

I can't tell difference between old and unread stuff, and I haven't updated yet. Also. Why can't I even view this site when I am on wifi? It says not secure connection.

I can't tell difference between old and unread stuff, and I haven't updated yet. Also. Why can't I even view this site when I am on wifi? It says not secure connection.

You will need to restart your router and/or cable modem. We updated something that is cached and will need to be reset on your end (it will do it automatically if you give it enough time)

You will need to restart your router and/or cable modem. We updated something that is cached and will need to be reset on your end (it will do it automatically if you give it enough time)
It might be good to advise you too Brent that many Apple users will be remaining on the old iOS7 too, as there have been many issues with the new update, so it would be good to ensure both versions are working, if possible. I'm considering dropping back to it myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom