• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

something I was thinking about

PatrickInSydney

I have been sober for over 9 years thanks to a 12 Step program.

I am thinking of starting a group (Zoom or in Person?) for people who are on the Spectrum.

Just wondering if there are many people here who have substance abuse issues (past or present) and who would find such a group helpful?

I have found it difficult to talk about addiction in the autism community and likewise difficult to talk about autism in the 12 Steps groups. And yet, I see a lot of people with symptoms of autism in those groups.

So combining the two makes sense to me, but what do you good people think?

Tbh, I don't like being treated like produce in Larry's Free Lab Rat Emporium by researchers or a recruitment pool for personnal projects in someone's first post.

I'd prefer people first join the community and get to know us and be known. And if you do some searching you can see if the subject has come up before. Few subjects haven't been discussed, but the vibe here has always been be civil and not go too'adult' with things. We have many very young members and visitors.

Plus we value privacy highly. But there is nothing wrong with starting a discussion here about it.

Last edited:
I missed the original post, but hello anyway. And welcome.
If your first introduction wasn't suitable (by your opinion) feel free to say hello again.

New Threads

Top Bottom