• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Never work at Wally World

I do feel for the people this will affect with lost jobs but, there are THREE Supercenters in the town I do my regular shopping in and, the whole town is only 6 miles across in any direction, that is overkill. Another Supercenter is just 17 miles up the road from those three. So two of the four could go and it wouldn't affect shopping for anyone but would cost jobs to those that work in the excess stores.

We have three of them between three and five miles apart down the same corridor. Then two more east and west and another to the north. Yet I don't see any of them here being closed.

For me, it's the principle of making the Waltons richer. The Walton family are pigs.
Sam was a good guy. It was his kids that ruined Walmart and Sam's Club. His eldest was the one that initially introduced Chinese labor over North American labor. His daughter is, or was at some point in time, in charge and she attempted to invest the company into more manufacturing jobs in the United States. After 6 months with little profit in it they decided to end that deal.

My town fought Walmart coming here and it decided not too, we have to drive 20-25 minutes to go there :3

We still have a fair amount of small businesses, though some were so old now they've closed due to the owners retiring, boo

From what I can make out, wally world seems to be a lot like the Australian Kmart. (Or at least my local store.) It is cheap and nasty and populated by staff who are rude and apathetic, and loud obese people who spit on the flloor. It is also a sensory nightmare. High ceilings, flouros, psychedelic colours, and checkouts in the MIDDLE of the store. WTF? I happily shop at a more expensive chain, but even other cheap chains have a better aura. <shiver>

Yes, what is it with that? The checkouts being in the middle of the shop that is. Talk about being utterly illogical!

I think that Wal-Mart is the largest employer in many, if not most states. I'm told that the USPS is the second largest in the country.

New Threads

Top Bottom