• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need Energy

I checked aspergerexperts.com but it seems to be a scam that wants money for incredibly dubious "courses."
It is not a scam. I don't blame you for being cautious. If you will explore the site they have a lot of free content and videos to help you. I have used them myself for my grandson. The guys who started it have Asperger's themselves and know where you are coming from. They have helped hundreds of people. I have sat in on free webinars they offer. I did buy one of their courses and it was very helpful in my understanding of my grandson's Asperger's. the one I bought offered thirty minutes on the phone with one of them and they delivererd on that. You don't have to buy anything if you will just look around on there. I am not affiliated with them in any way; I have nothing to gain by telling people about their site. Just so we are clear.

I am not sure how dysfunctional people here are talking about getting. I have PTSD and other problems that can aggravate my Aspergers problems. This can get very bad for me and be extremely difficult to get, "unstuck" from. I worked out a bunch of things that I do to get unstuck.

You can try some, or all of it and see if it helps.

My cats are a major contrubution to helping me get unstuck. Part of this is because I will take care of them when I can not muster the energy to take care of myself. They also give me unconditional love and affection. They do not care about my social skills or lack of them. They want to cuddle regardless of whether I am the life of the party or not. It is also easier to give in to more rocking when I am rocking my cats. Both of them love to be rocked a lot.

This effect could even work if you have a plant to take care of, although the cuddling and rocking might not be quite as satisfying.

I have also compiled a list of things to do that make me feel good with an emphasis on cheap or free things. I also pick more things to do that I can stay home and do by myself, or with my cats. A lot of people have tried the list part and it helps most people, but it is best if you make the longest list you can manage so that you can find something that works at any time.

When I am at a very low ebb, it usually means I can not cope with very much of a to do list. I can not handle too much to focus on at a time. Three things to do on my list at a time during low energy times are about my max. There are even times when three are too much and I have to drop it down to one at a time on my list.

Low energy times rob me of my focus so badly that they make it necessary for me to have even one item on my list written down. I bought small dry erase boards and posterboard coated so you can write and erase chalk on them. I cut up the chalk posterboard into manageable sizes to easily carry with me so I can take them with me as I move from room to room.

This works even if you have to do more than three things. I just make a sort of master list of stuff that has to be done and only put one or three things on my little list at a time. Once I rest up or reward myself for finishing a little list, I can write new things to do on it from the master list.

Early Music, or Baroque in other words, is especially soothing for me. It calms me down and relaxes me when other types of music do not work. Oddly enough, this music seems to work even for people who do not ordinarily like any sort of classical music. It won't hurt to try it and see if it helps you. I forgot to mention that Pandora has Early Music and Baroque station, for free.

I do not want to annoy my neighbors with the Early Music, so I use headphones to listen to it. I do not have wireless headphones or all of the equipment that goes with them, so I just put my ipad in a small backpack with the headphones plugged in. That way I can do work that requires moving around and still listen at the same time.

I do other stuff to get unstuck, but maybe this little bit will help a few other suck people get unstuck.

New Threads

Top Bottom