• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Name jokes

What do you call someone that digs a hole?
What do you call someone that fills in the hole?
What do you call someone that that tops off the tank?

... I was thinking of Simon & (Art) Garfunkel! ;)
I know. Art is short for Arthur.
full

...it must be living in the colonies, @Crossbred! :) I seem to be as unable to think about King Arthur as "Art" as I am of thinking of the Queen as "Lizzie" or Prince Charles as "Chuckie"...

...but I have no issues thinking of our illustrious(not) PM as ScoMo, SloMo, Scummo, Scovid or any other such nickname Guardian readers like to bestow upon him, and the COALition... :p

By the way, in German, you could have said to me, "Lift your feet up. You're standing on the cable."

...a commonly used little saying when someone doesn't get a punchline... :)

...it must be living in the colonies, @Crossbred! :) I seem to be as unable to think about King Arthur as "Art" as I am of thinking of the Queen as "Lizzie" or Prince Charles as "Chuckie"...

...but I have no issues thinking of our illustrious(not) PM as ScoMo, SloMo, Scummo, Scovid or any other such nickname Guardian readers like to bestow upon him, and the COALition... :p

I don’t know anything about politics in Australia, but “SloMo” and “Scummo” made me LOL :p
“Scummo” would be a good nickname for some of ours too. Lol

I don’t know anything about politics in Australia, but “SloMo” and “Scummo” made me LOL :p
“Scummo” would be a good nickname for some of ours too. Lol

Yes, I think that one fits a whole range of people in power, including in Russia. :mad: :imp: :crocodile: :poutingcat:

The SloMo was an apt reference to how long it takes him to do anything when there is a crisis, or foreseeable situation. Least competent PM we've ever had and we've had a few that were scraped from the bottom of the barrel.

That's hilarious, @Forest Cat. :grinning: One of my favourite comedians has Swedish ancestry and lives in the US. His first name is Bengt - because his mother didn't want him to have the same name as anyone else in the school. He says she achieved that aim with it. :grimacing:

My husband's name is Brett and that is also the German word for "plank" - as I explained to him years and years ago. You'd have to be careful introducing him to Germans. If you say, "Ich bin mit einem Brett verheiratet!" it means I am married to a plank. So I have to say, "Ich bin mit Brett verheiratet!" so it at least sounds like, "I am with Plank married!" which is a bit better...

I have some ideas for names for drag performers:

Hugh Eego
Hugo Furst
Otto Ajobb
Anita Jobb
Kay Sarah Serra
Mel Functional
Cleo Queen of Denial
Hugh Mann
Ima Mann
Kashar Credit

Did you ever read Sandman, @Captain Jigglypuff? Hal was a cool character in that. And a drag queen! :)

I'm temporarily out of name jokes! :screamcat:
Never heard of it. But I have ideas for drag names and quite a few I’ve come up with are not taken or even slightly modified for a performer. I mean how is Hugo Furst not a drag king’s name yet? I got the idea for it after Mimi Imfurst’s name. Also very surprised that Hugh Eego hasn’t been taken in some form.

I think I mentioned this before, but this name cracks me up. My uncles name is Odd. It`s a common name here. And it is pronounced exactly the same as the English word odd. So he goes to the US and says to people, "Hello, I`m Odd". And the Americans look at him, :confused: what..?

:) I also know two guys named Even, that is also a common name. Odd and Even goes on vacation to the US, it sounds like the start of a joke.
In southern england it was common to be called father if you were a man and there is a name Christmas so in that family he would be known as father christmas

Try England every prime minister has had every name known to man

My husband's name is Brett and that is also the German word for "plank" - as I explained to him years and years ago. You'd have to be careful introducing him to Germans. If you say, "Ich bin mit einem Brett verheiratet!" it means I am married to a plank. So I have to say, "Ich bin mit Brett verheiratet!" so it at least sounds like, "I am with Plank married!" which is a bit better...

In Norway you are married to a serving tray... :)
Brett means tray/serving tray here. It also means
fold, a fold, like a napkin fold.

brett.jpg

Last edited:
In southern england it was common to be called father if you were a man and there is a name Christmas so in that family he would be known as father christmas

No joke: One of the parents at a school I was teaching at in Sydney had changed the family surname to "Universe" so her daughters would be called "Miss Universe" - the mind boggles. People sometimes said to me, "How can you put up with teenagers all day?" but it's their parents that really take the cake... :eek:

Once, at the start of a year, I had to really work on keeping a poker face when reading through the class roll to take attendance, and realising the next name on the list was "Bambi"... thankfully this 13-year-old girl was a cheerful character, and after several weeks I knew I could ask, while they were engaged in groupwork and it wasn't going to be the focus of the whole class, "I was wondering if there is a story behind your name?"

To which the girl airily replied, "Yes. My mother and father are stupid." :p

Someone else, at an exclusive private school, had called their son "President" for a first name. :rolleyes: Poor kid.

Once, at the start of a year, I had to really work on keeping a poker face when reading through the class roll to take attendance, and realising the next name on the list was "Bambi"... thankfully this 13-year-old girl was a cheerful character, and after several weeks I knew I could ask, while they were engaged in groupwork and it wasn't going to be the focus of the whole class, "I was wondering if there is a story behind your name?"

To which the girl airily replied, "Yes. My mother and father are stupid." :p
That is a fairly common girls' name over here.
Brett would like everyone to know that his name really means "the smiter of the foe"...
full
(Yes, but he probably uses a plank to do so...)

New Threads

Top Bottom