• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My sister's ex-partner committed suicide...

Lemon Zing

According to this, his death was unexplained (at the time). However, my sister found out from a woman who was also his ex-partner, that he had taken his own life.

I have no idea what drives people to do this. Now my 2 year old nephew doesn't have a dad. For privacy reasons, I can't really delve into why I believe he was depressed; I just know he had a lot of people in his life hurting him, like social workers, as I did, and I don't think he was allowed near my sister for some reason. We met years ago, because I worked in a Comet store where he was the delivery guy, and sometimes we went to drop off goods in his car.

I never talked to him much, but I know my sister met him through her other ex (they still live together and have a kid with autism). The last time I saw him at the front door a few months ago, he seemed down in the dumps. But this is awful news. I've had my share of dull periods in my life up to now too, but it's a shame when people cannot see another way out and have to take drastic measures to escape from the grief. There's no reset button either. You're just...gone forever!

Man found dead in Keltyhill Avenue flat

I also knew this guy in this article, below. He was stupid and overdosed in jail, and he was only 24 years old. Think of all the milestones that could have been down the road. We were on a course once (the one that lead me to meet my first girlfriend, who I spoke about in my other threads). We went to Perth and stayed a week in a hostel. According to somebody I met, he took too much methadone. I didn't know he had passed away before I found out from a random chat with someone.

Too many youngsters now are using drugs and abusing alcohol. I've never understood why people have to resort to doing this to try to fit in. For I mean, I don't really 'blend in well' either, but drugs are toxic.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Edinburgh, East and Fife | Prisoner dies in Edinburgh jail

His father Gary co-starred in the film Gangs of New York with Leo. You can see him among Bill Cutting's goons in several scenes. He has a Facebook page, where I saw that he talked of missing his son. He also was the bassist in a well-known Edinburgh punk band - The Exploited. Here, he is positioned behind Daniel Day-Lewis.

aIbmLa3.jpg

Very sad. Depression certainly sucks. I've been anxious a lot myself, but suicide ain't right, although it's a horrible illness. And 2005 was a good year...until Eddie Guerrero died. That ruined 2005 for me. Oh, and the other years since then have all mostly sucked too.

My grandpa recently committed suicide. He was suffering from cancer, I'm not totally sure which kind (probably lung cancer since he smoked a lot). He lived alone and couldn't get out of the house, and he drank daily. He didn't even tell my mom (his daughter) about this, nor contact her in any sort of way before blowing his brains out. He was found a couple weeks later by the lady that would take to him his groceries. I felt bad about the whole situation, though I honestly didn't really know him that well.

I've had suicidal thoughts myself for years, so I understand the struggles. I also get why people (myself included) use and abuse drugs. It's not really to fit in, though I'm sure that's the case for a lot of teens, but more so to medicate for personal issues one may be dealing with. I've medicated my depression with marijuana off and on for years, and only just recently quit again. And others I know use drugs because they have their own issues that they can't get help for, like a therapist or other mental health services.

I don't like social workers. I've always tried to be optimistic with people, but they just have "snake" written all over them.

The guy who was showing me around the flat yesterday had another guy with him. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid, but I cannot help but think social services want to keep tabs on me, so they come to me under the disguise of benevolent people. They said they were there to help me get settled in. They'd send someone to see me once a week, and they knew about my social worker and seemed to know a bit about my issues.

The whole point of me moving out of my parents' house is because I just felt really pissed off in general. I don't think I'll be able to get support to do acting anymore. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to get the Internet again due to all the abuse I've had for over 15 years. But they said that these days, it's hardly practical not to be online. People do many things online now. Uh!

New Threads

Top Bottom