• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My medication isn't working

@Starflowerpower87

Constipation is a poor situation , but you
can deal with that. Some foods that are
helpful would be yogurt, applesauce, the
old stand by stewed prunes or prune juice.
Bowl of oatmeal. Or stool softeners, if
none of those foods suit you.

Do the bad experiences with therapists
include your current therapist?
Do you know if stool softeners can be used daily?

@Starflowerpower87
I thought you said your medication was prescribed by
a psychiatrist?

This person does no therapy with you?
Only prescribes medications?

So your medical provider regards the
situation as purely mechanical, something
that will be resolved by medication, & doesn't
figure that any psychotherapy would be
useful?

They suggested therapy but I'm too scared to get therapy because of some bad experiences with therapists. I wish I could trust one.

I found this to be an interesting read.

They do remind me of people in real life. I don't want to talk about who they are, they aren't good people lets just say that. And I don't think they have the best intentions for me. I don't want to say why either. It's too upsetting to talk about. So I think the voices are real people.

I took the extra pill last night like the doctor suggested. It helped me sleep but when I woke up I found that I was constipated. So I don't know how I'm supposed to keep upping the dose if I get constipated from it.

someone suggested writing a journal about the voices to show a therapist. That would be a good idea if I could trust therapists. I've had bad experiences with them.
Constipation is easy. Take a laxative. Or eat lots of fruit.

New Threads

Top Bottom