• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My isolated castle.

You have a nice setup and a big game collection. I'm impressed! You even have some Isaac Asimov on the shelf for good measure. Thumbs up. :)

I can see you have a turntable there, but it doesn't seem to be connected to anything. Do you have an amplifier and speakers?
I hooked it up directly to my soundbar and subwoofer. Not the best vinyl setup but it still sounds great.

I have come to the conclusion that the main reason why I own so many games and movies was because I was trying to make my place hospitable and have guests over on a regular basis. Now I know all of that money was wasted.

I have come to the conclusion that the main reason why I own so many games and movies was because I was trying to make my place hospitable and have guests over on a regular basis. Now I know all of that money was wasted.

Well, you can probably recoup some of those costs by selling them on ebay.

Personally, I don't spend much money on trying to entice or entertain other people. Granted, I don't have many visitors to my home, but nearly everything I purchase is because I enjoy it or I think it will add value to my life.

When I moved to this apartment back in 2012, it was already apparent that I would most likely have nearly no visitors here to see me socially speaking. My cousin only came here once when she helped me move. My brother visits every so many years and we spend a little time watching movies here.

Consequently my dining room is my computer workstation/office, and a tv tray is my dining table. I have no sofa any more, just a dual-recliner in front of my tv and home theater system. Now I'm even pondering keeping my old 1080p tv to place on my console table, and get a 4k television to sit where my old 1080p tv now sits. Might seem odd to those who never visit me, so there. Then again I think even President Johnson had three tv sets in his bathroom. So bite me.

In other words, my home is unabashedly arranged for only three persons:

1) Me
2) Myself
3) I

No need to necessarily "cut your losses" at all. To accept enjoying your possessions without feeling a need to connect them to other people. An attitude adjustment at best, that isn't so painful. Make your home about you and no one else. You may find it uh....."fun" at times. ;)

Last edited:
You won't find me arguing this. Find your happiness, as the world changes, people have less free time to cultivate friends and time to spend together. Very nice man cave, extremely organized.
My place right now is arranged for me, due to some issues. I haven't invited people over. But my Florida room sits outside my front door and functions as a meeting room when needed.

New Threads

Top Bottom