• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My favourite Choc ~ what's yours

I was overwhelmed looking at chocolate bar choices today. Sometimes a simple Hershey Kiss candy, but coconut chocolate like a Mounds bar is great. I bought Cadbury chocolate at Piccadilly station in London, as it seemed to be a touristy thing to do.

A very popular item here is Tim Tam biscuits. And a popular trick is to nibble the chocolate off of both ends then use it like a straw to drink your coffee.

5923956115_2078599c84.jpg

Last edited:
Just gimme any chocolate as long as its not the stereotypical American chocolate.

Like I'm not going to pretend there's no good American chocolates, I mean I live here and I regularly buy chocolate but I really don't like Hershey's and brands that try to copy what Hershey's does. Hershey's is like the stereotypical 'American chocolate tastes like vomit' chocolate and I really don't like it, even as a kid I never liked it (or other similar chocolates).

I'm fancy lol, I like hazelnut chocolate and Belgian chocolate.
I don't have chocolate very often though because it seems to give me acne, and I otherwise have very clear skin.

I don't know if this counts but I love Oreos. I love the mini Oreos that come in the plastic buckets.

Wow, that image is way bigger than I wanted it to be :sweatsmile:

i like them too.

I've just scoffed a load of Cadbury's milk chocolate. It's comforting. Yesterday was quite stressful and triggered quite a bit of anxiety, so I indulged in some chocolate. Not entirely sure why but it seems to help with anxiety and I'm not entirely convinced it's just psychological :)

Fun fact: The Cadbury chocolate in the US is made slightly differently to how it's made (authentically of course) in the UK. Apparently it didn't have a wide appeal to the American palette, so they mixed (I believe) Hershey's with it. Hershey's also make the Cadbury Cream Eggs, again mixed with a portion of Hershey's. There's a bit of a cottage industry importing the UK version.

I can't remember for sure, but I think Cadbury distribute Hershey's over here and Hershey's distribute Cadbury in the US. The history of Hershey's is quite interesting too! Shenanigans and Skulduggery abound!

We have Cadbury here too, one of the local favourites, but apparently it tastes different again to everywhere else in the world. Very few people here like Hershey or Lindt.

We have Cadbury here too, one of the local favourites, but apparently it tastes different again to everywhere else in the world. Very few people here like Hershey or Lindt.
I will eat Hershey's if there's nothing else on offer. It's the same chocolate they use in Mars products and M&Ms etc. It kinda works in those products, but I wouldn't choose Hershey's really.

I believe Caramac was super popular in Australia? It's not sold under that name here anymore. I find it oddly nice, but not my first choice, not quite chocolate somehow, yet it kinda is lol! :)

I believe Caramac was super popular in Australia?
Never heard of it.

[Edit] just did a quick search, the closest I can come up with is Caramello Bears, which I've only just noticed are now called Koalas. They were bears when I was a kid.

Caramello-Koala-15g.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard of it.

[Edit] just did a quick search, the closest I can come up with is Caramello Bears, which I've only just noticed are now called Koalas. They were bears when I was a kid.

View attachment 99401
Hmmm, perhaps the Cadbury commercials are lying? I will try and find some pictures or a link to one of the ads.

But that picture looks suspiciously like what we know as Freddos over here! :) You get a solid chocolate one or one with caramel inside!

They used to be a super cheap way of grabbing a satisfying portion of Cadbury chocolate if you were poor like me. 5 flipping pence they used to cost! Now, now they cost 10 times that and, they're definitely smaller than they used to be!

Got Freddos here too. Very popular. Never seen those Caramacs before.

Professor Julius Sumner Miller was one of my childhood heroes, he sold a lot of chocolate.

Got Freddos here too. Very popular. Never seen those Caramcs before.

Professor Julius Sumner Miller was one of my childhood heroes, he sold a lot of chocolate.

Ahhh yes of course! Eat Cadbury's chocolate as part of your healthy lifestyle! Who has time to drink a glass and a half of milk when you can scoff a bar of Dairy Milk.

I'm kinda tempted to contact Cadbury and demand they explain themselves. If there's a glass and a half (of milk) in every bar, does that mean the big bars have less milk? How big are these glasses exactly? If I squeeze a bar of Cadbury Dairy milk really hard, could I get the glass and a half of milk back? It's just that would be a super handy way to transfer milk around without spilling it! And!!!! and! If that's true, well then we could take loads of milk tankers off the road.

It was the 80s, we didn't take much notice of those things back then. :)
Very true!

"A Mars a Day, Helps You Work Rest and Play"

There seemed to be nothing at all strange about these commercials! The size of the bar is also crazy! They are about 2 3rds smaller now!

I remember when chocolate bars were big and people used to enjoy themselves!

"A Mars a Day, Helps You Work Rest and Play"
That played on a popular political movement at the time, the introduction of the 40 hour working week.
"8 hours work, 8 hours rest and 8 hours play" was the political slogan at that time.

That played on a popular political movement at the time, the introduction of the 40 hour working week.
"8 hours work, 8 hours rest and 8 hours play" was the political slogan at that time.
Seems so reasonable doesn't it!? It makes me wonder why so many people are cheerleading the destruction of that concept. We also seem to have spectacularly failed to fulfill the promise of a life of leisure, that the digital/automation revolution was predicted to deliver.

Being someone that is interested in old computers, I watch old documentaries from the 80s quite often (mostly for the nostalgia) and there were academics predicting that, by now, we'd all be working 2-3 days a week at most and have revolutionised social care etc. It was predicted to be a virtual utopia.

Human beings puzzle me, they always seem to find a way to turn something liberating into something oppressive. It makes me glad I'm a cat! :smilecat: My cat will vouch for me on that one! :smilecat:

New Threads

Top Bottom