• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Mourning and Healing"? Or some sort of tongue in cheek passive-aggressive-note thing?

It may be a mistake for me to comment.
This seems outstandingly poor to me.
Obnoxious.
Maybe that comes from living on a dirt road, in the country.
I move dead animals from the road any time I find them.
They are past any ability to move themselves.

I don't find this 'cute' at all.

There's a bit of a note of 'silliness' to this, a sort of 'were a little sad' but let's make it a bizarrely dark humor funny. Almost a kind of ridicule in the moment. My first reaction after I looked at the pictures was a kind of sadness, many people in TO dislike racoons and others don't mind them. Racoons have been quite successful in TO, much to the chagrin of homeowners.

I would have moved the racoon away from the area it was so prominently in and either buried it in a park or found a box to place it in. Instead of leaving it like a bit of garbage on the sidewalk.

Last edited:
It may be a mistake for me to comment.
This seems outstandingly poor to me.
Obnoxious.
Maybe that comes from living on a dirt road, in the country.
I move dead animals from the road any time I find them.
They are past any ability to move themselves.

I don't find this 'cute' at all.
I think they were making fun of Toronto's Animal Services department. Perhaps it is more difficult to dispose of an animal yourself when you live in a big city. Although, yes, I do understand how those candles and stuff might be in poor taste.
Also, Toronto's Department of Animal Services might be busy with other things* than removing a dead animal.

*harassing the owners of well behaved gentle pet dogs on the basis of the dog's physical appearance alone. Hershey’s Rally |

I'd think in most big cities, their public works department has someone or even a crew specifically assigned to remove roadkill. Of course in view of global budget cutbacks since the recession, who knows if such duties have survived fiscal cutbacks ?

Seems to me I remember a tv show where such a person was interviewed some years ago. That's all they did. Retrieve and dispose of roadkill from wherever it was reported.

I'd think in most big cities, their public works department has someone or even a crew specifically assigned to remove roadkill. Of course in view of global budget cutbacks since the recession, who knows if such duties have survived fiscal cutbacks ?

Yes, there is a crew for road kill, usually.
I supervised highway & residential clean up one summer in grad school
and sometimes had to contact the meat wagon when the
clean up crews (which only did mowing and trash, not
animals) found a dead animal.

There was a different number to call to pick up dead humans.

Last edited:
I've lived in cities where this happens quite often. Recall some acquaintances boxer being hit and killed by a car, they were so horrified and in shock they left their beautiful dog there in the gutter and fled. The dog lay in the gutter in the sun for two days, whereupon I moved it to a grass verge, and then a City works truck came along and unceremoniously threw it in the back of a pickup. I don't think the young couple even knew what to do, they didn't leave their apartment for a week.

...Yeah, I'm definitely never going to live in the city again. Just gonna stay out here. In the sticks. With the vultures. Who take care of unfortunate speed bumps. Within 4-5 days. Flippin' out over 12 hours is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Looks like a mix of calling attention to the slow response of the city in removing the racoon and, people actually sorry to see one dead.

Here I move dead animals out of the road when I find them, the vultures will have a meal of them. That's nature at work so, I don't mind leaving them where vultures can get them- that's how it's supposed to happen.

I would interpret this as a mix of dark humour and making fun of the animal service people's slow response. I certainly found it pretty funny.

Same sort of thing happened at my old uni. A pigeon died in the middle of the tennis courts and the tennis club set up a memorial for it, purely for humours sake. No one actually cared about some random pigeon dying.

New Threads

Top Bottom