• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Monotone voice in groups, normal in 1:1 situations

Me too. Guilty as charged. Maybe yet another reason why I did not care for public speaking. :oops:

My mom mocks my voice all the time, and I really hope I don't sound the way she makes me sound. She imitates me in a really whiny, nasally voice with a lot of emphasis and inflection in the wrong areas.
It may be a cliche, but throughout life I've found it to be painfully true quite often.

That "familiarity breeds contempt."

Sometimes it can pay for we on the spectrum to put some distance (if possible) with those in our closest social orbit. The same persons who pound our psyches with their criticisms so regularly that we begin to believe them.

Mom always looking at my "resting b-face" and always complaining, "What's wrong, dear?" Ugh.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom