• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mitrazapine

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
Lexapro didn't work out, so I'm on mitrazapine now. Any experiences? I don't know if it just made me high or if it triggered hypomania, but I am OFF TO THE RACES.

Yeah, that’s not a good sign. I would suggest talking to your doctor about it ASAP.

I read the NHS site information on this. Sounds like it enhances dopamine and similar stuffs in the brain. Some definitely feel worse or weird, before they feel better. As @Metalhead says, the prescribing Dr can advise about this, and how to manage it. It sounds difficult for you.

I was on mirtazapine for one week when I had an agitated depression, to help me sleep. My GP prescribed it to me to bridge the gap until I could be seen by urgent psychiatric care. It helped me sleep, but the psychiatrist immediately took me off the meds and switched me to another medication. The psych switched me to an antipsychotic because I had previously had mania triggered by an SSRI. (And later I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 disorder and now I’m not longer allowed to take SSRIs unless I take a serving of antipsychotics on the side)

I'm not a qualified professional to give you advice and don't know how severe your condition is compared to mine but I work out until I can't rather than take medication for the reason you discussed. This works better than any medication I've tried. The side effects are just too much for me to risk.

Have you tried working out hard rather than medication? Obviously talk to your doctor before changing anything but it's worth a shot if you can try it.

I did not tolerate Zoloft well at all and switched to Mirtazapine about a decade ago. It only had a very subtle effect on me without the libido killing action of Zoloft.

Lexapro didn't work out, so I'm on mitrazapine now. Any experiences? I don't know if it just made me high or if it triggered hypomania, but I am OFF TO THE RACES.

Lexapro (Escitalopram) works well for me, without any adverse symptoms. There is a closely related drug Citalopram which I think may be milder. I started out taking Citalopram, but was switched to Lexapro. Have you tried Citalopram?

Lexapro (Escitalopram) works well for me, without any adverse symptoms. There is a closely related drug Citalopram which I think may be milder. I started out taking Citalopram, but was switched to Lexapro. Have you tried Citalopram?

I have not tried Citalopram. It may be because I switched doctors so the strategy switched entirely.

I do exercise, but I don't know how "hard" I go. It's good to hear that it can be weird or worse before it gets better. Because it is definitely weird. I don't know how to explain it except that I am OFF.THE.HOOK. First, it makes me very high and calm, then it makes me pass out sleepy, then it makes me agitated and restless.

I see my doctor in a little less than two weeks.

I've been doing out-of-the-ordinary things. I purchased half a dozen of the same outfit so that I can wear an identical outfit every day. I then did some strange things with my self-publishing work that are hard to explain. I now suddenly want to start some sort of blog of some kind. I ate a ridiculous amount of the same food over and over. I'm incapable of reading or writing.

Someone needs to tranquilize me.

I do exercise, but I don't know how "hard" I go. It's good to hear that it can be weird or worse before it gets better. Because it is definitely weird. I don't know how to explain it except that I am OFF.THE.HOOK. First, it makes me very high and calm, then it makes me pass out sleepy, then it makes me agitated and restless.

I see my doctor in a little less than two weeks.

I've been doing out-of-the-ordinary things. I purchased half a dozen of the same outfit so that I can wear an identical outfit every day. I then did some strange things with my self-publishing work that are hard to explain. I now suddenly want to start some sort of blog of some kind. I ate a ridiculous amount of the same food over and over. I'm incapable of reading or writing.

Someone needs to tranquilize me.

I was having a problem sleeping, waking up, and binge eating potato chips due to low dopamine levels. (Seems I have low seratonin and low dopamine.) So I started taking Theanine supplement (found in green tea) at bedtime, and it helped. Theanine is safe, and doesn’t interact with drugs that I take.

New Threads

Top Bottom