• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Midlife crisis.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I feel stable in life now but also somewhat aimless.

I have been looking through volunteer opportunities, but it looks like the only ones I can realistically commit to take place after work M-F. I need more to do on weekends.

If I win the PowerBall, I could be aimless in more entertaining ways - I could travel the world.

My castle is cozy but too familiar.

Life without booze is its own set of challenges.

I love games and movies but I cannot rely on those things alone to keep me occupied during all of my spare time.

I am thinking of starting a movie meetup group to go out for a movie at the theater and then to dinner after once a month. That might help.

I would love to watch movies with you. But alas, you are not near me, and if you move to the east coast it will still not be near me. I wish I had a male friend to bond with and complain about life with and support and make interesting flavors of iced tea with :)

We're all different, but I don't know how I would've stayed sober without a lot of the new hobbies I've developed. While they're very niche, solitary activities for the most part, it's important for me to use spare time in a way that feels productive or I'll otherwise begin feeling like my life is an empty shell, which is probably what led to me being an alcoholic in the first place.

Keep fighting the good fight! Positive outlets are where it's at, IMO, and following what makes you happy is probably more important than we sometimes realize!

I have been looking through volunteer opportunities, but it looks like the only ones I can realistically commit to take place after work M-F. I need more to do on weekends.

If I win the PowerBall, I could be aimless in more entertaining ways - I could travel the world.

I love games and movies but I cannot rely on those things alone to keep me occupied during all of my spare time.

I am thinking of starting a movie meetup group to go out for a movie at the theater and then to dinner after once a month. That might help.

I think it’s a good idea that you want to have a meetup group! Or maybe go join a few groups first so there’s no commitment of organizing one.

It depends upon what your goals are. You can have small goals. That's totally fine. However, a wise mentor once told me, "You don't make money on great ideas. You make money on big markets." In other words, is there something out there that is needed/wanted by millions of people, that we don't have yet?

Some people struggle with finding their purpose in life. What am I going to be known for? How am I going to be remembered? What is going to be my legacy to others? Once you figure that out, I think you'll be happy in life.

New Threads

Top Bottom