• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Me!

Mikebg

Man, I never thought I'd be doing something like this.

I'm Mike, I'm 20, and I guess I've been diagnosed since I was little...don't know how little. Socially I've only really "developed" in VERY recent times, sadly. Ah well, I think I'm actually not doing TOO bad as far as people with Asperger's Syndrome go. At my university, there's actually a support group for students with Asperger's Syndrome, conducted by one of the counsellors at the division known as "Accessibility Services", which seeks to accommodate students with disabilities (mostly learning, although I think physical as well). I went to that once, and when I was there it seemed to me that I was actually more well-adjusted than the other students there, for the most part. I wouldn't be surprised if they've struggled through life even more than I have. From that point on, I began to think that as far as people with Asperger's Syndrome go, I'm relatively "normal" (I'm sorry if that terminology offends anyone, but really, I believe it's appropriate). But in recent months I met a guy, roughly three years older than myself, who really doesn't exhibit any symptoms of Asperger Syndrome...like at all. He seems to be more well-adjusted than a lot of people I know without Asperger Syndrome. And I've started to feel rather "inferior" inside as a result. I mean, I do tend to have an inferiority complex that does come up at times. Perhaps it's because I've never had any romantic experience (i.e. no kissing, sex, relationships, dates, or anything of that matter), and have only had one job in my life (which was quite brief), thus forcing me to still live at home whereas a a lot of (if not MOST) people my age have already overcome these life milestones, thus making me worry that they would view me as very immature (and in the case of females, not sexually desirable in the least) if they found out the truth.

God, I REALLY hope no one I know is reading this. If that person is, well, now you know the truth about me. You happy, you bastard?

Anyway, I'll shut up now, and save the rest for other topics.

P.S. I was very reluctant to post this just because I don't want people who I know in real life to stumble across this. Anonymity is a key for me...which is why I picked a dumb username. Oh well, stupid me.

You happy, you bastard?

Lol, made me smile. Welcome to the forums Mike - if you really are concerned about any rl friends stumbling accross you on here, I can change your display name etc if you'd like. I think the chances are relatively small though, the forums are far from huge, unless you have friends specifically looking for you. Try not to worry about this other guy; i know words are cheap, but i've heard about a lot of people with AS older than yourself which haven't overcome any of those 'life milestones' you mentioned until much later on.

You can tell a lot from people by the way they type and it's obvious you have a lot going for you in terms of intelligence, i'm sure you'll have strengths over this older guy that you haven't realised yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom