• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Making Up Nicknames & Titles

Riley

Does anyone else make up nicknames/alternate titles for movies/tv shows/other forms of media or entertainment? Or am I the only one who does it?

(Sarcastic) Alternate Titles:
  • "Return To Outworld" (For: Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation)
  • "A Serbian World" (For: The Unfunnies by Mark Millar)
  • "Teen Titans: Fortunate Son" (For: The Teen Titans Go episode "Throne Of Bones.")

No, but in high school I had alternate names for all the
teachers and various students. Also, some places in
town where my friends and I went.

My biggest customer is a cheese manufacturing facility. It is a 24/7 operation, employs 500+ people and has a huge plant. I refer to it as "Cheese World".

I have alternative names for some places.

Same here.

Illinois, for example. I call it "Big Stupid Hole in the Ground". Needless to say I dont like it.

The mall is "that place with all the jerks".

Wallmart is "ugh".

Gas station is the Caffeine Factory (I go there to get my drink).

Way back when I used to work, it didnt matter where my job was, I always referred to it as "the salt mines".

A nearby road, route 59, I often say as "route fifty-#(%&", to put it mildly. I really hate that road. Also known as Stoplight Hell.

Same here.

Illinois, for example. I call it "Big Stupid Hole in the Ground". Needless to say I dont like it.

The mall is "that place with all the jerks".

Wallmart is "ugh".

Gas station is the Caffeine Factory (I go there to get my drink).

Way back when I used to work, it didnt matter where my job was, I always referred to it as "the salt mines".

A nearby road, route 59, I often say as "route fifty-#(%&", to put it mildly. I really hate that road. Also known as Stoplight Hell.

That reminds me! I renamed Colorado the "Shoot 'Em Up State." Three guesses as to why.

Interesting. To me "pet names" were always reserved for people or pets. Not objects.

Though I'm certainly aware of how some can be very affectionate towards objects....everything from the Berlin Wall to Volkswagen Beetles. No movies though. Saw a show about that one time on the Natl Geo Channel. Go figure.

Interesting. To me "pet names" were always reserved for people or pets. Not objects.

Though I'm certainly aware of how some can be very affectionate towards objects....everything from the Berlin Wall to Volkswagen Beetles. No movies though. Saw a show about that one time on the Natl Geo Channel. Go figure.

These AREN'T pet names. These are sarcastic jabs at pieces of media. And how they resemble another piece of media with similar elements.

The podcast "How Did This Get Made?" has a bit where viewers give an alternate name to the movie. I wasn't very good at making my own except for when they did Bloodsport, and I immediately thought of "Fruit of the Kumite" because of all the gratuitous JCVD scenes in his underwear.

These AREN'T pet names. These are sarcastic jabs at pieces of media. And how they resemble another piece of media with similar elements.

I don't process sarcasm well. Though frankly I don't even see the point of sarcasm directed at an inanimate object to begin with. :confused:

Entertainment sources I don't like, I don't spend any time dissing, let alone discussing or viewing. Though it continues to amaze me how some folks are mesmerized by cable news they claim to hate for political reasons.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom