• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Making Friends

Layla93

Hi everyone. I am not sure what to say here but i have been craving other peoples company. I'm really horrible at talking to people so i figured I would try here and see if i can make any friends.

Come talk to me if you would like.

Layla, what is your relationship to autism? Do you know someone who has it or would you like to elaborate?
I have aspergers. I was diagnosed with it when i was 16-17. It took a long time because everyone just thought i was weird, but i started having really horrible noise sensitivity issues. I fit pretty well into it but i'm good at hiding it, atleast sometimes lol, I put on a good act but my family really knows how odd I am lol.

Thank you :)

Yeah no one thought to check me for anything before that. We wouldn't have even considered it but my normal doctor brought it up when i started have sensitivity issues. It helped a lot in school.
I first did a group therapy thing for teens who were bullied and now had self-esteem issues, because the psychologist at that time didn't know how else to help me. After that we found one who had worked a lot with autistic children and adolescents.
Glad that you benefited from the diagnosis.

I first did a group therapy thing for teens who were bullied and now had self-esteem issues, because the psychologist at that time didn't know how else to help me. After that we found one who had worked a lot with autistic children and adolescents.
Glad that you benefited from the diagnosis.

Yeah i went to a regular psychologist first and he diagnosed me with social anxiety but he didn't really do much except give me medicine that i reacted horribly too lol. And then we found out about aspergers and went to a guy that specialized in children with aspergers.

Yeah it was good because it helped me with certain things in school but other than that it didn't affect me too much. Though it was nice knowing that i was not the only one with issues lol.

Hi everyone. I am not sure what to say here but i have been craving other peoples company. I'm really horrible at talking to people so i figured I would try here and see if i can make any friends.
Hey Layla93, you'll make friends here just fine, speaking as a fellow Aspie and craver of company. I have a tough time with talking to people too and it is lonely! (Understatement of a lifetime). For myself, coming here is the first time I've ever felt like a welcome part of a social group; everyone's interesting, we're all weird and you can come and go as much or as little as you like, with no pressure.. how great's that? :D
How about Rocco's art, eh? I love the feeling he puts into water scenes! :)

Hey Layla93, you'll make friends here just fine, speaking as a fellow Aspie and craver of company. I have a tough time with talking to people too and it is lonely! (Understatement of a lifetime). For myself, coming here is the first time I've ever felt like a welcome part of a social group; everyone's interesting, we're all weird and you can come and go as much or as little as you like, with no pressure.. how great's that? :D
How about Rocco's art, eh? I love the feeling he puts into water scenes! :)
I think it is really beautiful. I am not one who can really understand the whole 'feelings=paintings' thing. But i do thinks it is wonderful and beautiful and done very very well. I have seen a couple others to and he is really awesome!!

Hi Layla93. Welcome to AC. This is a great place - I really enjoy, that you can be just yourself on here, so hopefully you will too. :)

And by the way, if you need a friend over the internet just PM me. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom