• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mac OS Compliant

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
People seen a fair share of articles of people not a fan of Apple. I want to share my beef with their OS(Operating System). Based on the Apple license agreement, you are not allowed to install their OS on non Apple hardware. I don't find that fair. Windows can be installed on almost any machine including Mac, same thing Linux. Now, a person can build a Hackintosh to make the OS seem like you installed it on real Mac hardware, but this setup can't be done for laptops. Well, it can, but it won't be as stable as a desktop.

So some may ask why am I writing this post? Well, I'm in the process of starting a software development company and want to offer mobile Apps. The problem is, because there is a large amount of users using Apple products, I must offer this support even though I'm not a fan of Apple. In my point of view, if I legally bought the OS with my hard earned money, I should have freedom to install this OS on any machine including non Apple hardware. Why Mac OS is very important because it required to make iOS apps. So now I look at all the MacBook computers on the market and there is not a single one I like.

I explain why none of them I like. You can't have a 17 inch screen, you can't have 32GB of Ram, you can't have two hard drive bays, the list goes on. For my type of setup, I run many virtual machines. In layman's terms, a virtual machine is running simulated computer. I run many simulated computers for all the types of testing and development work that I do. There many other advanced things I do on a computer, but it will just make a long story.

I know I need to move on and accept how super strict Apple is. So I figure because of the Apple ridiculous cost of their products, I will pass on this cost to the customer when I make apps for them. I can do this since I learn online iOS developers makes more money than Android developers.

Anyhow, this post is not meant to be about debating about Apple vs other companies. It's only to express my frustration that Apple does not want you to install their OS on non Apple hardware. Though I know they did this for higher profits, but I don't agree with it as they are the only company, or very few companies that does this for an OS. And please, don't write comments about why Apple products cost more. I already know this.

New Threads

Top Bottom