• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Look how far we’ve come!

Luca

V.I.P Member
You have all seen my posts about my Pointer, I presume.

Not even six months ago, this dog was an aggressive, destructive nutcase and I was ready to rehome him. I couldn’t walk by his food without him biting me, he pulled on the leash as if he were a 200 pound Mastiff, and he terrorized the neighborhood children.

Now we are working on earning our Canine Good Citizen title and our first Rally Obedience title.

And here he is today doing an obedience demonstration:

8BC5BB25-A675-440E-A827-A58D5DED4241.jpeg
08FAEC14-D35A-4D01-9122-187994CA9339.jpeg

^3 minute sit-stay without breaking eye contact.

I don’t really know what to say now, just that I’m proud of him and I’m happy that I do what I do, so dogs like him can turn their lives around and become successful like this.

All of mine are this well-trained, he’s just the most impressive considering how he was when I got him.

Do they have a class for me, l suck at that trying to not break eye contact thing. Lol.

Great news, beautiful beautiful sweet dog who just needed a chance.

Time, patience, attention, and a good environment can work wonders. Our pets reflect the best in us. And that speaks volumes. You took time to uncoil his thoughts and gave him a purpose and direction.

Last edited:
280394316_3083262235258403_1650127861061389560_n.jpg

My cousin who has a herd of dogs and goes all over the country taking
dogs to people, and retrieving other dogs for herself, had this on her facebook today.

New Threads

Top Bottom