• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Longest you have went being single

guitarguy

I've been single for seven years straight and counting, though I have been looking around in that amount of time. Its really hard to find someone when you live in a small town made up of mostly 50 year olds and up. no offense if your of that age group lol. I'm 26 most girls just ignore me and I try this online dating and that doesn't work either. I went out with this one girl for close to three months but it just wasn't going to work so other than that I have been single forever. What about you? I sure don't have any luck. I've never been to first base haha!

Well, I can best you on that one. I have been single for 19 years. Ha! No, but really I'm 19 and I still haven't started dating yet. I have this complex struggle inside me that includes a mix of deep seeded anxiety and crippling shyness. So it makes it nearly impossible for me to walk up to a guy and just say "Hello".

I also had another prominate issue. I used to live in Miami. The land of beautiful beach babes in size zero bikini's with bubbly personalities and exorbitant Chanel acsessories. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I'm happy for them. I just knew I could never compete with that.

All my life. Which is 30 years so far, and counting...

I also had another prominate issue. I used to live in Miami. The land of beautiful beach babes in size zero bikini's with bubbly personalities and exorbitant Chanel acsessories. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I'm happy for them. I just knew I could never compete with that.
You mean Miami is actually like that? Not just on TV?

All my life. Which is 30 years so far, and counting...

You mean Miami is actually like that? Not just on TV?

Yes, I was born and raised on the outskirt's of Miami. just go to South Beach and you will see beautiful young people everywhere. There are also bars/restraunts where you can get a male or female "exotic dancer" to dance on the table while you eat. It's scary.

I'm 48 and still single. I have been a loner most of my life, I am not worried about it. I will find someone when I am ready for it.

Tirzah the important thing is to be your self, I too have seen my self as being shy too.

What's the starting point? I had my first boyfriend for a few months when I was 18, then started dating my husband when I was 20. So, two years or eighteen, take your pick.

Yes, I was born and raised on the outskirt's of Miami. just go to South Beach and you will see beautiful young people everywhere. There are also bars/restraunts where you can get a male or female "exotic dancer" to dance on the table while you eat. It's scary.
Pretty sure that would take away my appetite:confused:

There are also bars/restraunts where you can get a male or female "exotic dancer" to dance on the table while you eat.

I wouldn't get any eating done with a male exotic dancer on my table! Would he be considered the main course? That's probably how all the women down there stay so skinny! :p

If I was going to say a real dating relationship that I meet in person first then I say 4 years ago. If I was going to say online, then maybe 1.5 years ago. There was only one online relationship I had I consider is real is someone I dated for 8 years. We did really seen each other in person in each other countries and relationship was good for the first 6 years. So I can count that real compare to my other online relationships that never lasted even a year and never got a chance to meet the person as they gave up on me.

I think it more important to have someone accept you who you are than be someone who you not. Then the question is, when will you find someone? I'm wondering the same thing for me when I will find someone? But for all people that are single that wish they had someone in their life, I hope you find someone one day that treats you right and having a long lasting relationship.

I have been single for my entire life, 24 years. I have been in love, at least I believe that was love, but it was unrequited.

26 years and counting (but I only needed a relationship as of 3yrs ago and only actually been trying for the past year or so).

Hey ladies, you've seen my profile pic.........any takers lol ????

Last edited:
I think the longest period was until I was 17... those were the first 17 years of my life, lol.

But all kidding aside; the longest I've been single in erm.. dating life, or my life after my first relationship? Hm... once was single for 8 months, and then erm... from november one year until february 2 years later... that's 16 months.

From the first time I seriously dated at age 17 until now, age 32, I've been single, just over 2 years in total (if I take the longer stretches like the ones I mentioned; 8 months, 16 months; and currently 3 months). For the record, I did have only a handful of partners when it comes to relationships, I always ended up longer when it was serious (shortest was 8 months, the longest was 8.5 years)

New Threads

Top Bottom