• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Let your voice be heard, share your experience with me.

Hi everyone. My name is Lindsey and I am a college student. I am wanting to know more about each of your own individual experiences in how you came to realize that you were different in view of having autism. I would like to solicit descriptions of these experiences of how you came to understand that you have autism. If you are willing I would love to give a voice to your experience. If you are interested please respond and I will message my private email.

Thanks! :)

For me, I was always the weird child in the family and the weird kid on the block.

Autism sort of gave me a name and a flag to search for others like me as well as helping me understand better why I was different from other people and what I could work on to bother people less.

After the 1500th comment of "you're weird", "you're out there", "what the heck", "what's wrong with you", "why don't you ____ like other people", and similar remarks, I started to get an idea I may not quite fit in. :p

You're welcome to pick my brains. I'm still trying to draw the lines between Artist, Southern Tomboy, and Autistic. Believe me, there are a lot of blurry lines there!

For me, I was always the weird child in the family and the weird kid on the block.

Autism sort of gave me a name and a flag to search for others like me as well as helping me understand better why I was different from other people and what I could work on to bother people less.

Could you describe a time in which you experienced yourself as different in view of social encounters with others? Such as writing about a specific instance or situation; tell me in as much detail as possible how this situation unfolded, like a story with a beginning middle and end. Help me to understand as fully as possible what it was like for you to experience yourself as different in view of your social encounter in this instance, and how this experience ended or resolved for you.

New Threads

Top Bottom