• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Learning to Connect

@Gerald Wilgus, no disrespect was intended. I do not think we are damaged. You and your wife have a special relationship, and that is great.
I was not taking it that way. I amjust surprised that you would use that term to describe what you think people think of you. Please, never think that way. ASD provides us with many deficiencies, but there are some benefits to our neurology. We are not damaged and I thenk that each and every one of us has unique things that make us interesting. I am sure that you may bump up to somebody who is accepting and I hope you will recognize that person as valuable, because they may see you that way, too.

I felt naturally connected with very few people in my life and they are no longer in my life.

But I still have a lot of people i care about in my life even when i don't have anything in common with them. When someone i don't have anything in common with makes an effort to connect with me, i think it's only fair that i do the same.
Even when there is no initial connection, you can create that connection with observing people, and being mindful of what they like and what they don't. Caring about someone means you are already connected in some way, to me.

Basically even if you are so similar and get on so well with someone naturally, instinctually, if you don't make a conscious effort to care for that person it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
I was not taking it that way. I amjust surprised that you would use that term to describe what you think people think of you. Please, never think that way. ASD provides us with many deficiencies, but there are some benefits to our neurology. We are not damaged and I thenk that each and every one of us has unique things that make us interesting. Iam sure that you may bump up to somebody who is accepting and I hope you will recognize that person as valuable, because they may see you that way, too.

@Gerald Wilgus, you caught me on a bad day when I was moody and blunt and should not have posted anything. Because you and perhaps others were offended by my comments, I have decided to take a timeout from the forum until my outlook improves.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom