• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Learning about myself

D'Andre

Hi lots been a while and I've been doing research and meeting people on the spectrum. Its been confirmation after confirmation. I really wish I could have gotten check as a kid and grown up in this community. Its really difficult to really relax when i dont have it on paper but im learning to accept me as me regardless. But anyways hope everyone is well.

Hi lots been a while and I've been doing research and meeting people on the spectrum. Its been confirmation after confirmation. I really wish I could have gotten check as a kid and grown up in this community. Its really difficult to really relax when i dont have it on paper but im learning to accept me as me regardless. But anyways hope everyone is well.
What wonderful hope and optimism in your post while still recognizing the difficult journey it took for you to get here and be able to say this.

I, too, am learning to accept myself regardless, and I honor your struggle to this goal. It can be a difficult journey, fraught with setbacks, I know, but we press on and keep moving forward.

Conditioned hypervigilence to mask my offensive otherness precedes my earliest memory of being. I cannot be another, yet struggle to warm to my heartfire.

New Threads

Top Bottom