1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

lack of security at autism drop-in

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Aspergers_Aspie, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Active Member

In the building where the autism drop is where I attend, the front door is unlocked, there is no receptionist, there are three floors to the building and on the top floor is the staff office, a fellow service user told me today that he saw a couple of people walking around the building, they told him they were not registered visitors or service users

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

It seems strange to me they have nobody at a front desk. You should let the staff know. It would be nice if they hired one of the higher functioning aspies to check people in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aspergers_Aspie

The staff know, they used to have service users be receptionists part time

4. Streetwise

Streetwise very cautious contributor V.I.P Member

This is the problem now in the UK half of the charities have just disappeared and the rest are barely surviving no wonder there’s going to be lack of security and the government made sure of that

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mary Terry

Mary Terry Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

The same thing is happening in the US. Truth be told, and despite salacious news stories that fire people up, crime is actually a fairly rare occurrence in most places. But it does happen, so we all need to be vigilant and have some kind of self-defense strategy.

I hope your building is in a relatively safe, low crime area. Take care out there!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I wonder why they stopped that.

7. Aspergers_Aspie

yeah why did the Government make sure of that?

8. Streetwise

Streetwise very cautious contributor V.I.P Member

because they wanted the money charities received because of their charitable status