• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lack Of Confidence

I suffer from body images, as well as self esteem issues

I been eating right, sleeping well, yet not seeing much progress

I can’t help but compare myself with others

These are likely tied together of course. Are you seeking professional assistance? Body image perceptions, and in serious cases body dysmorphia, are treatable conditions but do tend to need treatment rather than hoping they'll go away.

I can also strongly recommend getting some help digging in to what's driving those self esteem issues. My personal experience is not yours, of course, but ASD has been a contributing factor to the thought processes driving my imposter syndrome. Techniques like CBT can identify the thought patterns which are taking us away from positivity and making us feel negative,.

These are likely tied together of course. Are you seeking professional assistance? Body image perceptions, and in serious cases body dysmorphia, are treatable conditions but do tend to need treatment rather than hoping they'll go away.

I can also strongly recommend getting some help digging in to what's driving those self esteem issues. My personal experience is not yours, of course, but ASD has been a contributing factor to the thought processes driving my imposter syndrome. Techniques like CBT can identify the thought patterns which are taking us away from positivity and making us feel negative,.

ASD has definitely been a factor

Just feel like everyone is better than me, even though I know that’s not the case

Just feel like everyone is better than me, even though I know that’s not the case

Again, our experiences will be different, and we our different people, but that seeming cognitive dissonance feels familiar to me. Perhaps it's the difference between what our logical brain is telling us, and the actual emotional reaction we experience. That might be due to some black/white feeling creeping in, or because we perceive ourselves as threatened. I highly recommend having a chat with a psychologist if you haven't already. There could well be a triggering thought that can be uncovered that discards the evidence of our logical brain and slips us into that black/white feeling of them: success me: failure.

Your story is not meant to be the same as everyone else's, friend.

Imagine the struggles you've gone through, yet you came out alive on the other side.

Think of the basics, if you have a roof over your head, clothes, food and a bed, you have it pretty good.

There is no timeline that we are all meant to follow.
Thumbs-up icon applied.

New Threads

Top Bottom