• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kissing

I don't like kissing socially. But then, I don't even like shaking hands.

Dates were different. I liked kissing on dates, although the first kiss was always awkward; I didn't know if or when to do it. I remember one girlfriend who got upset that I hadn't kissed her yet. I was happy to correct that faux pas. Now that I am married I like kissing my wife, but not anyone else.

I tried in the past to kiss my wife's mother, because other people did it. That was awkward and gross; one time I missed and kissed her nose, which was even more gross. I gave up and now I just do a hug, which is hard enough. (She is getting up in years and usually has food on her clothes.)

I don't like kissing, it's not due to sensory issues though. It's due to the fact that I fear not being good at it. I don't have much experience with it so that is why.

Kissing is something that you do for yourself, not for another. It does not matter how you do at it, only that you enjoy it.
I have A LOT of experience, and even if I am with someone that knows nothing about it, I enjoy it just the same.
Live for yourself, not others, and enjoy life.
I don't like kissing, it's not due to sensory issues though. It's due to the fact that I fear not being good at it. I don't have much experience with it so that is why.

Kissing is something that you do for yourself, not for another. It does not matter how you do at it, only that you enjoy it.
I have A LOT of experience, and even if I am with someone that knows nothing about it, I enjoy it just the same.
Live for yourself, not others, and enjoy life.

Thanks for the pep talk! I guess this little fear in the back of my head exists because this one girl told me she stopped dating a guy after they kissed and he was bad at it. I wouldn't consider her a nice person though, but what she said still lingers nonetheless.

To be honest, I don't remember how it's like to mouth-kiss a human. I tend to puss my pets or even a friend to the cheek, but I hate if it tickles. I think that humans have many more useful methods for clever bodily functions. Sure kissing has interesting means to get human body physically ready for sexual activity, but they don't work the same for all. As I'm not too into sexual preparing, I'm indifferent to kissing itself.

New Threads

Top Bottom