• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kids obsessed with Sephora

Has anyone seen kids shopping with their parents credit cards to get Sephora products? It’s very expensive and kids are paying up to 500 dollars. I’m disturbed that kids these days are following these trends on social media. Am I the only one who thinks this? I didn’t even know what the drunk elephant was till I read this article.

Kids are brainwashed I think.

Has anyone seen kids shopping with their parents credit cards to get Sephora products? It’s very expensive and kids are paying up to 500 dollars. I’m disturbed that kids these days are following these trends on social media. Am I the only one who thinks this? I didn’t even know what the drunk elephant was till I read this article.

I’ve been hearing a lot about this on YouTube. I do think it’s strange that kids are obsessed with all of this stuff when it is completely unnecessary for them. Heck, adults really don’t need it either but I think it’s fine if someone likes to do that as an extension of fashion and expression rather than something that they think they need to be beautiful. I think that it’s bad for people to spend way too much money on this stuff that could’ve gone to things that are essential or when they could’ve used good products that don’t cost too much. But hey, I am personally not a make up user, so I can’t speak on it too much.

A few thoughts here:

1. Plastic surgery is on the rise as well. I suspect all this has a lot to do with video conferencing filters.

2. Makeup was one of my special interests years ago. I've since settled into a routine that's 5-10 minutes long and am happy to stick with that for the rest of my life. Anyway, after much trial and error, take this from me - the only "expensive" stuff you need is a proper set of brushes and full-coverage concealer/foundation, if you need full coverage. I am still using some brushes I bought 10 years ago.

3. A lot of this is probably heavily influencer influenced (no pun intended). They get paid to push specific products.

4. $500 is just ridiculous no matter what.

5. Almost everything Sephora sells is somewhat cheaper and faster on Amazon.

6. I've learned to not to give into my ADHD and buy random makeup stuff (or any other random stuff) that looks fun. It never, ever works out. They just clutter around and get unused.

New Threads

Top Bottom