• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kicked out of the Air Cadets after 5 years... for being too old!

Kempy

My 18th birthday is on the 19th March, and on Friday they told me that I would need to bring my uniform back next time I go. I started going Air Cadets because I was getting bullied at school and I wanted to go somewhere I would be treated with respect. I've not had masses of fun recently, in fact I've hardly done anything in all the time I was there, but now it feels like a part of me. I left a couple of years ago but I had to come back because I was missing it so much. It's now the only time I leave the house apart from college and they have just told me to take my uniform back. I had to walk out on Friday because I was so upset. I then walked part way home and had a meltdown! :(

Turning 18 really sucks! I still feel like a kid but I won't be allowed to be a kid anymore. It's really getting me down.

Well, the RAF but I don't fancy that much.

I'm worried youth club is going to abandon me too.

:(

Maybe time to seek out some adult groups... or, infact, is there anyway to become involved of the running of the cadets groups, I'm sure that requires adults.

New Threads

Top Bottom