• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

KFC actually RUNS OUT OF CHICKEN!

Every time somebody mentions KFC, I remember the first verse of this song.

Colonel Sanders may be the greatest chicken mass murderer of all time. But KFC, I think they’re fantastic.

I know this is an old thread lol. I like KFC's Nashville hot chicken tenders. But as others have said here, I actually prefer Popeye's.
Wendy's is ok but McDonalds is meh. Burger King is disgusting tho. Every time I eat at a Burger King, I either get nauseous, or actually throw up.
Taco Bell is largely considered offensive to my culture, and although their food is definitely not authentic, I don't think it's bad. As long as you can experience it as non-authentic Hispanic food, without high expectations. Lol

Words fail me. Whoever thought doing a 'celebratory promotion' for this act of evil needs to be sacked like right now.

Do you have any idea at all what happens to chickens in factory farms and slaughterhouses? Any idea whatsoever? I once heard chickens described as the most abused animals on earth, humans included. It astounds me, utterly astounds me, when humans complain about stuff like this. We are the cruelest, most psychopathic species to have ever disgraced this planet. Before you criticize KFC, open up your own refrigerator and take a look at who is inside of it—and think about what they went through.

Do you have any idea at all what happens to chickens in factory farms and slaughterhouses? Any idea whatsoever? I once heard chickens described as the most abused animals on earth, humans included. It astounds me, utterly astounds me, when humans complain about stuff like this. We are the cruelest, most psychopathic species to have ever disgraced this planet. Before you criticize KFC, open up your own refrigerator and take a look at who is inside of it—and think about what they went through.
I'm all too aware of what humans do to animals so there is no need to attack me.

Part of the problem is that humans are meat eaters. Just like bears and wolves. It's just what we are. If I don't eat meat, I lose weight and don't get enough nutrients, it makes me sick. I know because I didn't eat meat at all for over 10 years, never been in worse physical shape or felt weaker, it even affected me mentally, more depressed and sad.
That’s not part of the problem at all. Factory farms and slaughterhouses are macabre and cruel beyond words.

I’ve been a vegan for twelve years, and I’m in perfect health. It’s the people around me who are dying of diet-related illnesses.

I tend to try and keep away from processed meats and stick with those that are free-range.

I don't like factory farms, animal welfare doesn't exist there. Slaughterhouses are unavoidable... some are good (they kill quickly and cleanly) others don't care.

I’ve been a vegan for twelve years, and I’m in perfect health.
It’s great this has worked for you. In my personal experience, being a vegan in perfect health does require a substantial amount of money. Eating vegan and eating vegan healthfully are two different things, and the latter is not an economical option for many people.

Twenty years of reflux cured me of any longing for KFC. Interesting though to read so many articles in the business community all citing how badly KFC has faded as a former shining star in American fast food.

Ok, all I know is that humans are meat eaters and have always been that. We're killers and meat eaters, I don't think that's controversial to say. Or maybe it is now? I don't know. I couldn't stand the taste and texture of meat so I didn't eat it for a long time and it made me sick, pale and weak and underweight. :dizzy: And I had a serious iron deficiency. I still don't really like it but I need food.
I sympathize with the people that have been brainwashed into believing we can only live by consuming meat products. Lately, healthy choices are as expensive as meat also.

I have been enjoying a organic protein powder and l love that is economical also. It is made from peas. I do supplement with a excellent vitamin also. If you are low on iron, you can take a great multivitamin @Forest Cat. The meat industry is very strong in America just like the pharmaceutical companies, but that doesn't mean that their products are good for us, it just means that a lot of advertising dollars went into their budget.

If you have never tried a vegan diet, then you really have no basis to decide that it isn't healthy or sustainable for you or the planet. Meat free has become much more socially acceptable, and l don't feel so weird looking for those choices when l go out. I say just try going without meat for one week. Try tofu, vegan meat, protein powder, combining different vegetables and you will notice a giant change in how you feel. I notice l feel a lot more relaxed. I am not knocking people here who eat meat. I was raised the same way also. I just hope to educate and help people towards a healthy choice or even assign some days of the week to eat meat free. Just starting out with one day a week is great. So many resources are disappearing. We may be forced to alter our diet just to raising costs of getting our meat fix to the store. You are being responsible for finding other ways to eat. I actually lived of off protein potato chips for 1/2 year because it was a hassle to get to the store,( broken ankle), however despite having groceries delivered. Yes, l lived off of Quest protein potato chips for 6 months. I was fine and l lost weight. I love potato chips which are the worst thing on the planet for you. I have no connection to Quest or their products and l am not a nutritionist, and this is only my personal experience.

Last edited:
I just meant that historically, human beings have been meat eaters. We have always eaten meat. I didn't eat meat for 10 years because I don't like meat, the taste and texture is a little disgusting. But I lift weights 3 days a week, I need food and I just don't get enough of what I need without meat. I also use protein powder, whey protein. It's a struggle sometimes to eat enough, I used to have to eat every couple of hours throughout the day. I'm kinda active, working outdoors and working out and I need a lot of food.
And historically, groups of people have lived with out meat. Just depends on where you live. You must have a very active metabolism. I crave protein when l lift weights but l cover protein needs but l really like clean protein like protein powder. Try pea protein.

Yes but do people disagree that humans as a species are meat eaters? I learned that in school, that we are meat eaters, like bears and wolves.

I think it's just a matter of what you need or what people need. Look at it like this, I'm a 6`3" man and I lift weights and do a lot of hard physical work outdoors. It's just not possible for me to live on vegetables. I know what happens, I run out of energy, my knees start to shake, I get dizzy and have to sit down. I need food and lots of it or else I don't get anything done and I lose muscle mass and weight. I never get full if I only eat vegetables, I get hungry again right away, it's not enough energy or food.
Right, so you eat carbs. That breaks down into energy. I have run and lifted weights using protein powder and eating sweet potatoes. It's simply a choice, thats all. As you age, your metabolism does change also. Some people survived centuries eating no or very little meat. So l do disagree with that statement. Some people chose to eat meat. Others chose not to eat it. It's just facts. :)

I have never eaten there (and I'm not diabetic). Have I missed much?
KFC hasn't been remotely good since the Colonel sold the brand, and that was in the early 70s. He was also a major critic of the quality afterward, to the point that the brand almost sued him to stop.

New Threads

Top Bottom