• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kazimir Avitus: Satyr Warlock

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Here is my newest D&D character: Kazimir Avitus, a satyr warlock of the archfey who has a lot of green hag-based trauma (I'll explain that eventually). This character build is designed for fun, not necessarily combat practicality.
———————————————
Stats
Name: Lord Kazimir Avitus (has not yet told his party that he is, in fact, a noble)
Race: Satyr (The version from Mythic Odyssey of Theros)
Class: Warlock (Archfey)
Alignment: Chaotic Good (I mostly play my characters as either NG or CG, since I am chaotic good IRL)
Background: Noble
Level: 1
Experience Points: 200 (100 away from level 2)
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Maximum Hit Points: 9 (and we don't have a barbarian, fighter, paladin, or ranger in our party, the other three party members are a cleric, a bard, and a rogue, who also have a hit die of 1d8)
Maximum Hit dice: 1d8
Armor Class: 15

Strength: 12 (+1)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 10 (+0) [dump stat, you don't really need Wisdom when playing a warlock, anyways]
Charisma: 20 (+5) [maxed out at lvl 1 thanks to racial ability score increase]

Saving throw proficiencies: Wisdom (+2), Charisma (+7)
Skill proficiencies: +4 Arcana (Int), +4 History (Int), +4 Investigation (Int), +7 Performance (Charisma), and +7 Persuasion (Cha). Satyr features gave me the Performance and Persuasion proficiencies. These proficiencies make Kazimir really good for social situations.
Other Proficiencies: Light armor, simple weapons, playing cards, lute.
Languages: Elvish, Draconic

Features: Fey Creature Type (since satyrs are classified as fey, and he is from the feywild), Ram(+3 to hit, on hit: 1d4+1 bludgeoning damage), Mirthful Leaps (it's a feature that isn't going to come up much, since it is in effect only when having to jump over long distances, which is rare), Pact Magic (I always cast spells that're first level or higher at max level, and all my spell slots recharge on a short or long rest), Otherworldly Patron: Archfey, Fey Presence. I already put links to archfey warlock class features.

Spell Level: 1
Spell Slots: 1 (warlocks got it rough, good thing it recharges on a short rest, instead of a long rest)
Cantrips (0-level spells that don't require spell slots): Eldritch Blast (cuz thats what the cool warlocks use), Toll the Dead
1st level spells: Cause Fear, Faerie Fire (I have not yet cast either yet, despite the session lasting 4 hours. I am afraid of being caught without my spell slot).
Spellcasting ability: Charisma
Spell Save DC: 15
Spell Attack Bonus: +7
———————————————
Backstory (The Juicy Stuff)

Kazimir was born to a loving noble family who ruled a feywild satyr town and ran a company called Avitus Brewery Co. His mother's name was Aida, and his father's name was Kephalos. He had a younger sister named Yoriko. He lived happily until, one day, an old, human-looking woman with yellow eyes, dark blue hair, and green, tattered robes came into his father's office and asked to buy the company and the town. He refused the offer. The next day, the woman appeared in the town square, and yelled about how Kaz's father got in her way, and then she revealed herself to be an ancient green hag known as Ingrid, who was quickly joined by her coven and their minions. They attacked the town, causing a lot of collateral damage, killing men, women, and children satyrs alike. Kaz managed to survive, but his friends and family didn't. He was 15 at the time. Not knowing what to do, he ran away. When he was 17, he saw Queen Titania of the Summer Court come to him in a dream, offering help. He made a warlock pact with her, and entered a portal to the material plane, finding himself on the Moonshae Isles.

For someone who played back in the 1980's, the terminology evolution is interesting. It's about 70% the same language, but an Armor Class of 15? From an AD&D 1st Edition perspective, that's five points worse than running into battle naked. :laughing:
Also, here's you in 30 years: The system worked perfectly fine the way it was. But we're on the 10th edition now entirely due to greed.
Also, the origin story is timeless, and 70% Luke Skywalker.

Last edited:
For someone who played back in the 1980's, the terminology evolution is interesting. It's about 70% the same language, but an Armor Class of 15? From an AD&D 1st Edition perspective, that's five points worse than running into battle naked. :laughing:
Also, here's you in 30 years: The system worked perfectly fine the way it was. But we're on the 10th edition now entirely due to greed.[/QUOTE]
An AC of 15 is actually a pretty decent AC. Now, the attack rolls are simplified. If the roll is below the target's number, you miss. If the roll is that number or higher, you hit. If it is a nat20, it's a crit. It simplifies the flow of combat a lot. Plus, you don't have to check this monstrosity every time you want to make an attack roll, or are about to be hit yourself:

I heard that in D&D other things were absurdly complicated, like their were max strength scores of male and female characters of each race, and you had to multiclass just to be a bard (now the bard is its own class, thank god). Wizards of the Coast simplified Dungeons and Dragons mechanics a whole ton starting 3rd edition, with Fifth Edition being the simplest so far.

I've considered also trying Pathfinder, which is an offshoot of D&D made by a different company, but it's way too complex cuz I'm used to D&D now.
Also, here's you in 30 years: The system worked perfectly fine the way it was. But we're on the 10th edition now entirely due to greed.
Actually, my prediction is that WotC will prolong Fifth Edition's lifespan as long as possible, possibly to 2024 (or 2030 if they are really lucky). The other editions that Wizards of the Coast only lasted up to 6 years till' the next edition, but it is very likely that 5e will last longer. Plus 5e is quite nicely-balanced game, and I think that the power creep wouldn't take hold very fast over the years. WotC and Hasbro want to milk this as much as possible.

Also, the devils and demons have since been re-added to D&D, compared to when 2e removed them (but introduced yugoloths, instead, which are still pretty decent monsters).
Also, the origin story is timeless, and 70% Luke Skywalker.
How in any way does this resemble Luke Skywalker's backstory? Ingrid isn't Kaz's mom (hags only have female children). Kaz wants to kill Ingrid (in the most painful way, too).

1) How you can you speak 1980's nerd so well? E chu ta!:laughing: I couldn't use 1950's nerd language to save my life.
2) You're right, this is a superior armor class system with no need to consult a chart every melee.
3) Every time they'd release a new edition, all players would have to buy a new set of rulebooks/manuals/modules. You would know if they even use dead trees for such purposes anymore.
4) IIRC, the entire concept of bards was literally 2 pages long in the DMG or Players manual, basically 'go figure it out yourself if you feel like it'. "A jack of many trades, but a master of none".

5) Luke Skywalker parallels:

A- High Born to nobility, yet no one knows this.
B- Living peacefully until a group of villain outsiders came to attack and kill his parents for their own selfish purposes.
C- With his home and family destroyed, he had to seek a life elsewhere. He also needed to learn how to become strong.
D- Ran to an entirely foreign place to seek Jedi Knight training from me/Queen Titania.
E- Now Arya Stark comes to mind too. To be clear, Game of Thrones is the finest work of art mankind has ever produced.

6) If your narrow obsessive focus switches from this to a game that pays 7-figures+ (trading), you'll be rich and powerful. It might take a few years to realize I'm right. You're already inclined to make predictions, which is in fact my entire game.

Last edited:
1) How you can you speak 1980's nerd so well? E chu ta!:laughing: I couldn't use 1950's nerd language to save my life.
2) You're right, this is a superior armor class system with no need to consult a chart every melee.
3) Every time they'd release a new edition, all players would have to buy a new set of rulebooks/manuals/modules. You would know if they even use dead trees for such purposes anymore.
4) IIRC, the entire concept of bards was literally 2 pages long in the DMG or Players manual, basically 'go figure it out yourself if you feel like it'. "A jack of many trades, but a master of none".

5) Luke Skywalker parallels:

A- High Born to nobility, yet no one knows this.
B- Living peacefully until a group of villain outsiders came to attack and kill his parents for their own selfish purposes.
C- With his home and family destroyed, he had to seek a life elsewhere. He also needed to learn how to become strong.
D- Ran to an entirely foreign place to seek Jedi Knight training from me/Queen Titania.
E- Now Arya Stark comes to mind too. To be clear, Game of Thrones is the finest work of art mankind has ever produced.

6) If your narrow obsessive focus switches from this to a game that pays 7-figures+ (trading), you'll be rich and powerful. It might take a few years to realize I'm right. You're already inclined to make predictions, which is in fact my entire game.
A. Kaz knows he is born to nobility, but not his party or other humanoids on the Moonshae Isles.
B. Yes.
C. Yes, pact magic is incredibly cool and amazing. However, if something happens (such as Queen Titania dying), he loses his powers, since he is basically using a share of his patron's magic. If his patron gets killed (which is very unlikely, but still could happen), he loses his precious spellcasting ability, and he would have to find another archfey to make a pact with.
D. Actually, Queen Titania, being an extremely powerful archfey, is able to make a pact to give him spells, and those spells increase the power as long as Kazimir remains loyal to Titania. It's not really training, since the magic is essentially part of the contract he signed. Titania basically goes like, "here's some more spells" or "your spells can now be cast at higher levels" whenever he gets new spells and his spell level increases. He is proficient in using the spells, but he most likely had to teach himself how to cast them to the point he is proficient.

The parallels to Luke Skywalker are completely coincidence. Hell, Kazimir wants to revenge kill Ingrid for ruining his life. That isn't something Luke Skywalker would do.

New Threads

Top Bottom