• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just Split up!

Dust Storm

V.I.P Member
Ok so everyone, as those of you who have known me as Benevolent Fiend, will have known that I had been married. But as of 4 weeks ago-ish, I have split up with her.
The reasons being; 1st of all, there was a lot of arguments and fights, 2ndly - the kids were a massive stress on me, 3rdly - it just wasn't meant to be, oh and 4th - she turned more into a 'carer' (though she was pretty bad it) than a wife. So yeah...
Once again I am single ;)

(sorry if this is in the wrong section, wasnt sure where to put it)

Your ex-wife is more than just a wife---she's a parent. I don't know how you feel about your kids, but the minute children enter the picture, a person should try to balance being a spouse with being a parent. Obviously it's not easy . . . but you seem awfully cavalier about the whole thing. Don't you think it's possible she could say she needed more from you as a spouse? (Again, I don't know the details. I'm just trying to get a sense of how you feel about your split. You seem happier, if the emoticon is any indication.)

There was one thing I forgot to mention, she actually fell for another guy on one of her online games. The split up was also mutual, and we both agreed it would be for the best if we split up. I did my best to be a parent and spouse but things just didn't go well, and even though it is my parents unit that we were renting, instead of forcing my exwife and the kids to find accommodation, I chose to go to a friend's house, of which I am now living with. Things are being organized for me to pay child support from what I can with my pension, (willing on my side of things), and my ex and I are on good speaking terms, but the marriage just wasn't meant to be and i know now that I shouldn't have kids (though I admit my son was a surprise)

Your ex-wife is more than just a wife---she's a parent. I don't know how you feel about your kids, but the minute children enter the picture, a person should try to balance being a spouse with being a parent. Obviously it's not easy . . . but you seem awfully cavalier about the whole thing. Don't you think it's possible she could say she needed more from you as a spouse? (Again, I don't know the details. I'm just trying to get a sense of how you feel about your split. You seem happier, if the emoticon is any indication.)

And yes, I am happier from it, and so is she. When I said she was pretty bad at being my carer, was that she took it too seriously, which is why I believe she was more of a 'carer' than a wife, I mean yes, it is good that she took the carer part seriously, but she took it way too seriously. I also felt held back with a lot of things (mostly things like my beliefs and things I liked such as music, video games etc). I literally had to have her permission to go out somewhere with my friends...

New Threads

Top Bottom