• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just finding out at age 80.

Hi grommet,

Don't see why that would be a silly question? Haven't seen it. But seeing its on PBS, I presume it is well done.

I taught economics on and off for a long time. But preferred other "more practical kinds of research" actually. We have to have a working economic system of some kind, and from what I've seen, there are none out there that are without their darkness. Ideologists worship our "free enterprise system." Problem is "its not free enterprise." Small businesses are getting crushed by the corporate titans. And the government has pretty well stopped their trust and monopoly-busting.

I stopped teaching economics because I didn't think it was doing my students any good. But we've got a working system and I don't see any possibility that it can be improved. It is up to each of us to take care of ourselves here, and that includes making our own decisions about how we participate in our economic system. Some will glorify it and make it the purpose of their lives. Some will live at the fringes and try to be free as of it as possible. Man really isn't a rational species anyway in my opinion. Imagine, an economic system 'assuming' we are!

Thanks Forest Cat. I appreciate the welcome. Where do we go for the general posts. I still haven't figured out which forum we are supposed to use for further connections? Goblin

Greetings @Goblin. If you click on the white "Forums" button in the top left corner, you get to the main site. If you scroll down, you can find various categories of topics under different headings. You can find general topics under "General private discussions" under "Private Discussions (Members only)". You can use all the different categories to connect with people. Some for instance are active under "Forum Games", you might be able to connect with some people through the various hobby categories and people frequently connect through problem solving, several topics of which can be found under "Specific Autism Spectrum Discussions". I'll include a few links to the categories I've mentioned:

Private Discussions (Members only) - Heading
General Private Discussion - Category
Serious discussion - Category
Adulthood Discussion - Category

Specific Autism Spectrum Discussions - Heading

Hobbies, Interests and Entertainment - Heading
Forum Games - Category

You can also use the "Search" function in the top right to find specific threads and topics you are interested in. For instance, there have been a few threads on Meyers-Briggs personality types over the years. The search function in quite good, so it should be enough to write in a keyword or two. Checking in the box about only including the word in the title will reduce the scope of the search.

I hope I managed to answer your question. There isn't really one "best" place to socialize. We have a chat (top of the page, with a red number), but it doesn't get used much. I hope to see you around the forums!

New Threads

Top Bottom