• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just briefly checking in, touching bases, saying "hi"...

Spacedin

spacedin
Sorry for that long, off-topic message. I have just signed onto a site for parents of estranged adult children and thought I was writing an introduction there. After I posted it I saw I was on the aspiecentral forum instead, sigh.

I did mention my Asperger's in that post, b/c I know it has affected me my entire life without ever understanding why. I have been rejected by both of my children for years now, although they go through periods of time when I think they are coming out of it for a while. But they always seem to revert back to the rejection eventually. It is easily the most difficult thing I've ever faced in my entire life, and I've had to face many things - all of which I believe have at least something to do w/my A.S. I just never "got it" and so was scapegoated for so long it seemed normal to me. That my own beloved children would take after my family of origin in shunning me and keeping me from my beautiful grandchildren should be no surprise.

I once again, recently, thought a relationship with my daughter was growing toward health, only to suddenly have her shun me once again. I think I'm getting too old and sad and tired to be able to ride this roller coaster into my golden years. All I really think about doing now to help me have a purpose in life is finding ways to help others going through similar plights. I'm even feeling too old to try to figure myself out any longer. If I can understand how to help somebody else, that will be enough. This A.S. stuff can really wear a person down after a lifetime of it.

Thanks for being here everyone.

Last edited:
welcome.png

It's great to have you here!

New Threads

Top Bottom