• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just a really difficult photo?

I hope the people in your pictures are okay with that you are posting it here. I mean it´s public. I hope and think that you obtained their consent before uploading them.
I hope you know that any recording of people in public where there is no right of privacy (even of authorities like the police) is not illegal. Of course getting consent would be ethical.

I hope you know that any recording of people in public where there is no right of privacy (even of authorities like the police) is not illegal. Of course getting consent would be ethical.
okay, don´t know. I only know the german law. and of course this is an american forum and no german forum.

but still: in germany taking photos (and publishing) them is only allowed in public when the person is one of many people and in the background. for example when you make a picture of a big building and there are a few people in the background.

but when you make a frontal picture like this picture from the woman here in this thread, then you need the permission of this person (right on the own picture (it is called)), otherwise it would be illegal.

the only exception is when you are on a location of public interest (for example demonstrations). when you don´t want to be photographed, you just don´t go there. but other public places like supermarket for example are no "locations of public interest". or when you are a person of public interest yourself (politicians, company owners, famous musicians etc.). they also have this right, but restricted.

and I find this german law good and right. I think everyone should decide about their own picture and when you´re a big part of the main part of this picture, then it´s your picture.

so when someone would photograph someone without his/her permission, this person could sucessfully sue this person for that. in germany. and when the person publishes it, then even more.

no guarantee, just what I know or think to know.

okay, don´t know. I only know the german law. and of course this is an american forum and no german forum.

but still: in germany taking photos (and publishing) them is only allowed in public when the person is one of many people and in the background. for example when you make a picture of a big building and there are a few people in the background.

but when you make a frontal picture like this picture from the woman here in this thread, then you need the permission of this person (right on the own picture (it is called)), otherwise it would be illegal.

the only exception is when you are on a location of public interest (for example demonstrations). when you don´t want to be photographed, you just don´t go there. but other public places like supermarket for example are no "locations of public interest".

no guarantee, just what I know or think to know.

and I find this german law good and right. I think everyone should decide about their own picture and when you´re a big part of the main part of this picture, then it´s your picture.

so when someone would photograph someone without his/her permission, this person could sucessfully sue this person for that. in germany. and when the person publishes it, then even more.

The law in Canada... And pretty much the same in United States... Is that street photography, candid, even showing a face, is legal... It can be shown as fine art, just not for commercial purposes... Like stock photography, which could mean a billboard, advertising, etc...

From my own perspective as an amateur photographer I consider most any backlit scenario to be a "difficult photo".

Where even bracketing different exposures may not solve the problem. Made worse if and when you're dealing with a real-time setting sun.:confused:

Yeah I know, the reason for the title of this post...

Yeah I know, the reason for the title of this post...

Hey...I'm just agreeing with you.

Even in Photoshop this one seems difficult to work with. You can raise brightness, contrast and color saturation only so much before it ruins the effect of the sun setting. Probably wouldn't translate as well in raw daylight. Yeah, a tough shot.

Last edited:
My final obsession (this time), slowed down and went to a B&W edit after I got home from work, for those who know using the Nik Efex package...
Rave 03.jpg

I just saw a picture of a similarly finished RV, and the photographer had used a low angle to get a reflection of the sky instead of the land. That really improved the contrast.

The main advantage of mobile photography is that it saves time. We can immediately post pictures on social networks and share emotions with others. That's why mobile photography has become so popular: you don't have to wait. You can live in the moment! Mobile photography can easily become a professional activity. This is the era of social media: promoting brands, personal accounts, and services. It's a business. For this reason, so many areas of mobile content creation have emerged. Some people don't understand how to take cool photos with their phones. But you show professionalism when you create tapes with quality photos taken with your phone. I started taking pictures over 10 years ago with a small camera. I shot everything that seemed unusual to me. Then I read an article, and the iPhone 5 came into my life. Then I realized that my heart belonged to this camera. I loved the color reproduction and ease of use, so gradually, I gave up the bulky camera. Now I shoot with the iPhone 14 Pro, and I don't even feel like picking up the camera again.

I found that the learning curve in underwater photography is steep. Not only does one need to think of composition, but lighting with strobes and adjusting aperture to bring out foreground or background is always in my mind. Then there is maintaining boyancy control. Here is a shot of two spotfin butterflyfish taken at night when they were swimming alongside me. It could have turned out flat, but I had the flashes extended out to the sides.
014 Spotfin Butterflyfish.jpg

The main advantage of mobile photography is that it saves time. We can immediately post pictures on social networks and share emotions with others. That's why mobile photography has become so popular: you don't have to wait. You can live in the moment! Mobile photography can easily become a professional activity. This is the era of social media: promoting brands, personal accounts, and services. It's a business. For this reason, so many areas of mobile content creation have emerged. Some people don't understand how to take cool photos with their phones. But you show professionalism when you create tapes with quality photos taken with your phone. I started taking pictures over 10 years ago with a small camera. I shot everything that seemed unusual to me. Then I read an article, and the iPhone 5 came into my life. Then I realized that my heart belonged to this camera. I loved the color reproduction and ease of use, so gradually, I gave up the bulky camera. Now I shoot with the iPhone 14 Pro, and I don't even feel like picking up the camera again.
And there we part :cool: (in a manner of speaking)

I personally prefer the feel of using a camera (in my case a Fuji X-T1), I have done some cell phone photography and I don't like the feel of it that much

Then again, I'm not in the "industry", so I don't worry that much how quick my photos get out... I'm quite content to come home, download, and then I like to perform my quality control, as to what I will even post...

I actually don't understand why people post un-edited photos immediately... And once again I'm rather old school, I don't even own a laptop or tablet, just my big clunky tower drive at home, and I like it that way... I don't care about photographing "tethered" to a laptop, then I also don't really do portrait shoots either...

But that's just me, I appreciate what you're saying too

New Threads

Top Bottom