• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've decided to start living on my own

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Today I've decided that I'm done. This vicious circle of waking up to turmoil and Maddog treating me like crap, I'm done with it. I feel like I live in a zoo, and I don't want to feel that way anymore.

This morning, first thing I got up Maddog was getting ready to go get his medicine, and at the first sight of me I was told to go to my room, and if I want to come out I can clean house. Then he started calling me not by my name but by the word "autism", and every use of my name was filtered with the word "autism".
I have been suffering this crap for almost seven years now. I've had it. Nobody does anything about it and so I'm done.

I don't know where or how I will start living by myself, but I hope it's soon. I figured I'd do the Back At Home program we have here in NC but I'd start with the Good Shepherd. I've said bad things about the GS in the past but last time I went it actually wasn't that bad.

Wish me luck everyone.

All the best; make sure you've got any and all services you can that will help you out so you've got a safety net, metaphorically speaking.

Yeah, I totally feel your pain. My father treated me like garbage for years and I moved out right after I graduated HS since he kept telling me that after I finished HS his parental obligations were over. Then he started sneering that I'd never make it on my own. He actually insisted my room be kept empty for TWO FRIKIN YEARS so it would be ready for me to move back. He FINALLY got it through his thick skull that his punching bag had flown the cell and wasn't coming back. And even then it took him until I was about 30 to stop his narcissistic garbage towards me. Maddog is gonna be furious once he realizes that his punching bag is gone for good.

I didn't know what Good Shepherd or Back @ home was, either one.

"The mission of Good Shepherd Center is to feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and foster transition to housing." Inside GSC | The mission of Good Shepherd Center is to feed the hungry, shelter the homeless and foster transition to housing.

"We could not accomplish our goals without the generous support of our private funders.

About — Back@Home

"The Department of Health and Human Services manages the delivery of health- and human-related services for all North Carolinians, especially our most vulnerable citizens – children, elderly, disabled and low-income families. The Department works closely with health care professionals, community leaders and advocacy groups; local, state and federal entities; and many other stakeholders to make this happen.

NCDHHS

I think this is a great decision, you deserve better, and you sound like you have a plan. Go for it! Keep us posted about how you are doing too, there will be ups and downs, but this is a great goal.

I hope you make it.
It won't be easy, but, you can do it.
Keep us informed. Best of luck!

Thanks everyone.

Quick update: Not having much luck right now, the GS said my ID has to be updated. So I'm temporarily back at the house until I get that fixed. I am NOT giving up on this, though!

New Threads

Top Bottom