• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's been a month. I now know the worst part of being an Aspie.

Telsa

Mr. Brown Shoes
When we love, we love totally and completely with every part of our being. We are so dedicated to the people we love. And when they walk out, it's a devastation nobody else can comprehend.

I miss her and love her and can't do this. :(

I guess it goes to show that we aren't the only ones who have problems in this world.

I feel ya. Gutted, scalded, skinned, quartered and driven into the mire. Ow. Been there, lost some pieces of myself that I will never regain.

10/10 would love again.

Aww I feel you. Going through it myself. It'll get better.. wish I had some better advice for you, but it's ok to hurt.

I'm going through something similar. I think it helps that this is the third time I've been in this position. I know what to expect or rather know to expect what I can't expect. That song is very nice music helps in this situation; although I don't think the themes specifically apply to me. This is what I have on right now:

Oh yes, been there. And it's scary and yet an act of bravery to risk loving again.

Ironic, isn't it, that some NTs think we are relatively emotionless? Reminds me of one of the Star Trek movies in which a Vulcan (maybe Spock) explains that their logical approach evolved as a way to protect them from the very intensity of their emotions.

Oh yes, been there. And it's scary and yet an act of bravery to risk loving again.

Ironic, isn't it, that some NTs think we are relatively emotionless? Reminds me of one of the Star Trek movies in which a Vulcan (maybe Spock) explains that their logical approach evolved as a way to protect them from the very intensity of their emotions.

We are very emotional, probably more so. We just have trouble showing it. Ironic considering the NT specialty is showing emotions they aren't actually having.

Get on Spotify. Listen to Dylan's Blood on the Tracks. Big Girl Now will disassemble you, and maybe but you back together a little bit.

If you tried your best in the relationship and gave it your all and nothing good still came out then she doesn't deserve you. It just means there is a better life out there for you. I am going through the same thing. Gave it all I got plus more! And I got nothing except a break up text! Lol nice huh

When we love, we love totally and completely with every part of our being. We are so dedicated to the people we love. And when they walk out, it's a devastation nobody else can comprehend.

I miss her and love her and can't do this. :(

sorry you're in this Telsa.....I don't know if we love more....we (I) definitely have a naivete that lets us go sometimes "where angels fear to tread".....I don't know, maybe neurotypicals hold something back to protect their hearts that we don't.

I held onto an abusive relationship for 2 years because of this. At the end, I was even more marginalized- young, divorced, and a single mom.

It really really really sucks. It's been 1 year since the divorce, and I still haven't totally bounced back- but it has gotten soooo much better, despite the stress of being a single mom on top of it.

I'm sorry! It's gonna suck, but in the words of some famous person whose name I can't recall, "This too shall pass."

I haven't logged on in years but when I saw this post, I just had to.

Telsa and any of you other guys suffering this, I am so sorry. The pain of loving somebody and then it going wrong/not working out is the most horrible torment I have known up to date. (I really hope life doesn't have anything worse than this, though I suspect it does).

I fell for somebody nearly 2 years ago and when I found out they had a significant other (about a month after I realised I had feelings for them), my world just crashed down. I can't recover and feel as if I never will do.

I am not just being some spoilt kid, crying because he can’t have what he wanted. It runs deeper than that.

I know, understand and accept that neither I or anybody in the world can have everything that they truly want.

It’s not like (when we love), we want a new toy or computer game. It is something that humans need. It is programmed into us by nature. We need a mate as we need food, water, shelter and companionship.

I felt everything was leading up to it…it was no normal occurrence. I believed, with all my soul that it was *meant* to happen. It was no coincidence. You can only stretch coincidence so far.

Now, everything seems to be “What’s the point?” It’s like after all the excitement, everything has turned grey. There’s nothing to look forward to and nothing seems to get me excited any more.

My life has crashed and burned out.

We were supposed to be moving into a place together. One week before the move, she texted me, "It's over. No need to contact me anymore. Good luck." And then blocked my number and my FB profile. No closure, no explanation, just thrown to the curb. I've gone to her house a few times, but she's never answered. I've called from my friends' phones, but those numbers end up blocked too. It's very devastating and cold. We were perfectly fine. Never so much as had an argument. That morning, it was business as usual. Told each other that we loved one another, went to work, chatted on the phone when we got the chance, but then by the evening, boom! Just done. I have found solace in the bottom of a bottle. That's about it.

Please dont turn to drink. Hurt your hurt. Struggle. But dont compound your problems by drinking. Its just dumb. Ride it out.

New Threads

Top Bottom