• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this a "me" thing, or an ASD thing?

Re: Massaging my feet while I'm on the couch in front of friends and family for hours

Does anyone have sudden, intense reactions to certain things people say to you?

For me, it's "calm down" or "chill out." I instantly take offense and really just want to strangle the person that said it to me. Anyone who's ever said it to me once knows to never say it again. It basically feels like they're saying "Shut up, your opinion is invalid."

My mom said it to me today. I won't get into the huge background of it because that would take up wayyy too much space, but suffice it to say my mother and I do not get along. She likes to stir up trouble between me and my siblings so she can step in and be the hero who fixes everything, to make herself feel like she's needed. Well this morning she was texting me, purposely getting me worked up and worried about my older sister who's going through some relationship issues, and she gave me the impression my sister was homeless as of last night, but she didn't want me to tell anyone I knew. Flabbergasted, I asked her why not, shouldn't somebody see if she's okay and if she needs help? I got a hold of my sister and found out she is not in fact homeless. My mom proceeded to make some snotty remark about her and I said that my sister needs support, not judgment.

That's when she told me to calm down. It would've angered me even if I had been worked up, but I was perfectly calm so it made me all the more angry. In all fairness I did tell her that that really makes me angry when people say that to me and please don't do it again. Her reply was "Lol You're funny, watch who you're talking to."

And that's where I snapped. I found it completely ironic that my mother, who abandoned all 4 of her kids to alcohol and men 10 years ago, thinks she deserves that kind of respect. I'm a self-made woman, utterly and completely unlike her, and I'd have enough of her childish games so I went off on her. I said some really hurtful things, but I feel like she deserved it after the way she's treated me. Like I said there's a lot of background between me and her, but that's getting away from the point.

Is this just me, or an ASD thing?

Any neurotypical person would be thorouly disgusted with that kind of manipulation and posturing. She may as well be saying "I'm all that, and I can play people's lives like pawns on a chess board." I think it's an anyone-with-any-self-respect thing. We ignore members of the family who behave that way as much as possible. But sometimes someone's got to lay down the law...

Re: Massaging my feet while I'm on the couch in front of friends and family for hours

Oh yes, I agree, but I was just using this as an example because it happened yesterday. Even when my husband tells me to calm down, and I know he's just trying to get me to not be upset, I take it offensively.

You are correct though that anybody who isn't my mother is disgusted by my mother's behavior. ;)

My boyfriend is an NT and highly empathetic - like he can feel tingling when around people, feel their emotions. He can't read me but he can tell things others can't when I've got the "mask" on - that I'm jittery, nervous, anxious, high-strung...
So he says "calm down" a lot. Even when I am calm he often interprets my tone of voice and my "Aspie Face" as possible anger. I find it kind of odd that he can't "read" me when he's SO good at it with others.

Yesterday I got off the bed and slid down the couch and he gasped when I turned around and went "WOW THAT WAS FUN!" and then went back to being "unreadable." He said it was like a joy-jolt from me. So anything he CAN read from me, he feels.

Anyone else have this with a partner?

Anyone else have this with a partner?

Sort of, yes. My husband says he likes to hear me laugh (like a genuine laugh, not fake) because it's one of the few times he gets a display of emotion out of me. I guess it's a good thing he's a goofball.

I've got a goofball husband too. I married my therapy I guess!

I talk to myself all the time, anywhere, everywhere. And when someone asks me if I'm doing this I just say Yes I Am! Then we both laugh..........
It's like venting stress over problems in a one way conversation, no one has to listen or respond if they don't want to and I 'get out' stuff that is bugging me.
Is it an Aspie thing to make up imaginary places to go in my head for times when I can't cope with reality anymore? I have some favorite books and adapt scenarios with myself in them using a favorite place or character.........making up stories and always adding to them. They are great fun and a safe place to go when I need an escape.

I, too, really hate sounds people make with their mouths, eating, crunching, slurping, swallowing, snapping gum, snoring, breathing. Makes me angry too.....can't even go to the movies or out to eat. Then there's the eating food, crunching ice, etc. people do at work. Makes it really hard to just get thru the day and get my work done. I don't usually last long at the job itself.
Noises are the worst for me. Unbearable......have to get away, like NOW........I wear earplugs 24/7, but they only do so much. If I can, I listen to my MP3 to block out the noises. I've left stores, just dumping my would-be purchases on a shelf, to get away from an unbearable noise.

I talk to myself when I'm alone, and I also can't stand mouth noises! I'm a completely silent breather so it drives me crazy when someone breathes really loud. Ditto with chewing.

I apologize for asking this but...

Is it just me, but is it the "typical" for one with Asperger's to be "strong", "brave", and "stable" during the death of a love one?

I am not trying to troll or pick at people. I just believe I am not grieving right. :(

I really loved this relative that died and was close, but I am the "brave" one during this time. :cry:

I felt almost nothing at the death of my grandfather and my great-grandmother (I was actually close to my great-grandma and used to go to her house and feed wild cats whenever we visited at Christmases and Thanksgivings!). I felt somewhat sad only when I saw my mom and grandma crying. When my grandma on my dad's side died, I did feel really sad but I didn't want to cry. I don't like crying in front of people because then they feel the need to ask what's wrong and "nothing" doesn't suffice >_>

Also when I see things in public that make me uncomfortable, I don't look nor pay any attention to it. I can block it out. It seems like lot of people can't. Is this an AS thing?

I also tend to not get embarrassed like other people do. My husband says lot of things just do not embarrass me. Things that normally embarrass people do not embarrass me. Is this an AS thing?

I avoid what makes me uncomfortable. I avert my gaze and dismiss it. In most cases. That being said the woman that was selling frozen meats to us that had such a low cut dress that her bazooms were all over the place was much more difficult to ignore - interestingly enough my husband never noticed! lol. I only get embarrassed in social situations. Like when I was young, I used to have a lot of modesty. Now my kids walk in on me in the bath, using the toilet, whatever, dressing... nothing. Now on the other hand if i had to give a speech, or if I were talking to someone and my cheeks get super hot.

Anyone else mix up related/semi-related words often? I do all the time.
Sometimes I know the definition of a word I want, but not in words, like I just KNOW the meaning of the word I want, but I can neither think of the word nor of how to explain the definition of the word I'm looking for in words. It's not quite a "picture" of the word that I have but just a sense of "this is what the word is", if that makes any sense.

Is this typical: to transition from being an honor roll student in elementary school, to having difficulty in the later grades?
I started off as a straight A's student, then by middle school I was AB's. In high school I made my first C and then D. In college I had to retake a class. My GPA was something like 2.8 to 3.0. I got my stupid diploma though lol. B.S. in CS. I just stopped seeing the point of taking the classes. I wasn't learning anything and I didn't like doing the "busywork". As a result of my public education I know homeschool my children and am having fun with it. I believe in learning, not being "taught at". And quite honestly I don't see the point in knowing the exact years such and such things happened, or all these little details. Having some general knowledge on subjects such as the civil war, or biology, or the like is good, and I'm all for learning, but I HATED being graded on what I knew. I just wanted to learn, and maybe do homework for fun if I wanted (I used to love the logic puzzles that I would get assigned in math classes.. Super fun). The classes I had the best time learning in were the math classes because they were always illustrated on the board (part and parcel of teaching math in public schools). I also did fairly well on things like grammar because there was also lots of that drawn on the board. Lecture classes though like chemistry, histories, most sciences... I had to work to pass those classes. Even in my specialty (computer science) I did well in most of my classes. But one class the teacher was frequently absent (he was a professional teaching on the side and went on frequent business trips), and so he would just say "reach ch. blah blah", and I did not do well in that class at all. It's difficult for me to learn by reading unless it's something I'm absolutely fascinated in. Usually I read fiction, and if it's not something I'm interested in it's almost impossible for me to learn anything from reading.

- I tend to laugh at very inappropriate times ("sad" parts of movies, violent crimes in the newspaper, etc)
I laugh when people hurt themselves on accident >_> Although intentional stupidity I do not find funny (aka Jackass The Movie). Sometimes I laugh at my children when they hurt themselves :-/

Luckily I also look young (I'm 20, could pass for 14) but my creepy interests...I mean I literally read about serial killers for hours =P
And other very odd things.
I have a photo of myself when I was 12 and with a few very minor difference due to puberty I still look exactly the same. Other people have told me so too. As far as interests, they vary from fantasy and vampires and medieval to old fashioned things like knitting and crochetting lol

I hate the sound of people chewing or eating. No real reason, I just can't bear it. It upsets me, makes me feel panicky, angry, etc. Like I said, there's no reason for this, I just hate eating noises. Is it me? Or...
I despise this. As a result I'm very self conscious of my own eating noises. Like I feel VERY uncomfortable eating chips in a quiet room (unless I'm alone) and I will practically let the chip dissolve before chewing so it doesn't make noise when I find myself in such a situation. Usually I try to get some background noise going on so it's not as obvious and annoying. And it's hard to tell sometimes since chewing sounds SO much louder inside your own head than other people can hear.

Does anyone have problems in eating certain things if they're not of a specific brand and thus of different quality/consistency.
I only like instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal. I won't eat homemade oatmeal even if it has maple syrup and brown sugar. Not the same thing. I also only like Busch's baked beans. I don't like chewy fudge, only crumbly fudge.

Irrational Sense Of Loyalty.
If someone gives me a job or if I make a friend, I am extraordinarily loyal to that person, who then makes my life that much harder if they end up being a jerk like taking advantage of that faithfulness in some way.
I'm very loyal to those I perceive to be friends. Like the first time I was married, even though it was far from an ideal relationship and he did all kinds of things to hurt me I stayed with him for 8 years because I thought I was supposed to. My husband now says that I throw myself into a relationship with all I am which is good for us now because now I am in a good marriage lol. However i also have this: when I feel people are treating me fairly I treat them fairly. Like at jobs... if I feel like I am being respected with my work and not being badgered or smothered then I work hard and am honest and get all my work done before moving on to other things. But there have been a few jobs where I felt smothered and like questioned on my abilities so I was less than accurate in counting time and such. Like I had a job where I had to pump milk for my baby at home and they insisted I not record that time as work time (I am a programmer so this is kind of a stupid policy and I'd never heard that crap before). IT made me feel like they said I was stealing so regardless of the fact that I work much faster than most people I know and I jokingly say one of my hours is like 4 of other people's I was very offended and thus the reaciton that ensued.

Does anyone get on food kicks. Like only eating a specific type of cereal...like for me right now its Sunbelt Fruits and Nuts cereal...I can go through like three boxes in acouple of days
I do. Right now the only cereal I want is Special K. It just tastes awesome now. Before that it was honey bunches of oats and at one point it was cracklin oat bran. I would eat box after box for months, then get tired and swap to something else. Other things too. Like sometimes I'm on a potato kick and will microwave a potato for a snack like everytime I'm hungry, but I haven't had a potato in several days now so they come and go lol. I was on a lemon yogurt kick for a while too but that passed. I still like it just don't feel the urge to eat it all the time now.

I can't stand watching movies, because I never understand what's going on, and I can't follow the plot. Whenever I'm at a movie, I have to ask somebody what's going on about every five minutes. Does anyone else have this problem?
ZOMG that's my mom! She used to do that all the time! I usually can follow movies but I only like certain movies. If a movie is not in a genre I like I usually have a hard time following. I think this goes hand in hand with the whole reading thing I mentioned before. If it's not interesting my brain shuts down. On the other hand if I like a movie I can sing like every song in it verbatim after a couple of viewing lolz... I had to make my own Lion King soundtrack because the store bought ones didn't have the "conversation" during the instrumental parts and I could recite all that exactly!

What also confuses the heck out of me is if people look rather similar. Some actors have distinct features thus I can keep them apart, but some actors, it's just like I walked into an office building and see nothing but people wearing the proverbial suite and tie, all the same color, same haircut.
I have trouble with that too, mostly for women (and I'm a woman so ironic I guess). There are two actresses I know of (whose names I can't remember) that look like exactly the same to me (probably not if they were side by side) and I confuse them and I have to think really hard or consult IMDB to remember which movies I saw them in.

I think this may be an Aspie thing. I tend to shop at the same 2 grocery stores & I know where everything is. Every so often, the grocery store gods pull a fast one: they rearrange stuff! I don't just mean that things move up a shelf, but they're shifted to an entirely different aisle. Adding to the confusion, manufacturers sometimes randomly decide to change the label on a product.
I have issues with this. I expect every Walmart or target to be organized the same way. When they're completley different it baffles me till I learn the new layout. Now that I'm familiar with the walmart here if I go somewhere else I'd have to hunt for stuff. That being said I also hate walmart and prefer shopping at a smaller local grocery store.

Ok here's one I'd like to know about. I feel like a foriegner in my own culture. Things other people think are their own beliefs but they were really taught by their culture, I never got. For example, incest is bad, cannibalism is bad, patriotism is good, drugs are bad unless from your doctor, dating with an age difference is bad.
Some things I get. Some of the ones I don't get is like why people seem to have issues with interracial couples. I'm not personally attacted to a person of color but I see nothing wrong with it. People accept alcohol and smoking but I don't get it. I don't understand why people would want to alter their reality. I like to have control of my own actions and perceptions. Not to make it political but I don't understand liberalism lol. I also don't understand why people feel a need to put on a facade to please others. And I don't get materialism. When I first met my husband he said all couples fight, but for 3 years we have not, because I don't see the point in fighting (much to his happiness lol).

I have been told this many times in my life, usually in the context of being asked to be less so. I am always caught off guard when someone says this, as I am usually just trying to get something done (and trying to accomplish things working along side a Neurotypical is another thread, I'm afraid). I think of it as being focused, actually.
My husband has told me he wishes he had my ability to block out the noise and pesterings of our four kids like I can. lol. I figured it was just a mommy thing.

I'm having a bout of paranoia and obsessive thoughts. Does anyone else jump to the most awful possible cause when something is going wrong? Like, my dog is sick and symptoms are vague. Someone must have poisoned her! Or, this weird thing is wrong with me so I must have cancer, or MRSA, or whatever. Is this just me?
Yes! Someone from my husband's ex's house will call his cell and I automatically assume some kind of drama is going to ensue. Or we get a little behind in the bills and I assume we're going to get thrown out into the street fairly immediately. I think mine is connected to pattern recognition. My husband's ex frequently caused drama in the past (particularly around this time of year), and if you don't pay your bills you will eventually get thrown out lol.

I often become sad at the weirdest things. For example, I was just looking at all the smilies, and some of them made me sad. I also become sad when somebody asks me a question, but they already know what I'm going to say. Does this type of thing happen to a lot of Aspies?
I won't cry in real life events usually but sometimes a movie will make me feel just absolutely in tears. Like I watched Flowers in the Attic recently and I was choking to hold back tears when the boy was so sick (not when he died just when he was sick and sad looking).

I just hate the way people take it as an invitation to strike up a freakin' conversation: "SO, I HEAR YOU LIKE LED ZEPPELIN, EH?" "Uhhh...What did you say? I'm listening to music." "YOU'RE A LED ZEP FAN TOO!" "Uhhh...YES! I only listen to music I like." Then, no matter what I say, the person keeps chatting so I end up not quite hearing either my music or their chattering.
I don't do this with music but this is the same reason I don't like to cry in public. I don't want people thinking it's an invitation to comfort me.

Does anyone find themselves uncomfortable using certain synonyms or cliche phrases?
I like using made up words >_> My 8 year old "invented" a word for butt - bahooty. It sounds so funny to me that I use it now. I do find myself questioning "I couldn't care less"/"I could care less". Usually it's the latter I hear and that just makes no sense in the context it's used in! It should be the former lol. Also I was in an ongoing argument with my ex over the phrase "home again home again jiggety jig". He swore up and down it was "home again home again clickety clig" and i'm like "uh no...." also he says "if that's what you THINK you have another THING coming" and that doesn't even make sense to me. it should be "If that's what you THINK then you have another THINK coming". Google searches seemed to agree with the former which baffles me. One thing that does irritate the crap out of me though is when people type in online sources (text, online games etc) and type "u" instead of "you" or "r" instead of "are", etc. I may not always capitalize and punctuate exactly proper but I always spell out words and for whatever reason it annoys me when people don't lol. I accidentally mistyped a word once and it came across on my text as "u" and my husband was shocked till I told him it was an autocorrect accident lol.

I also don't like it when people say, "I was, like, WHATEVER!"
lol I talk like this sometimes. Not the "whatever" part usually but I was say "I was like <insert unofficial quote that states my intents and possibly my words here>"

I'm assuming most of us Aspies could count their number of friends on one hand. Does anyone end up feeling a little possessive of said friend, when you see or hear about them doing something without you, you feel kind of left out.
YES! This was true in middle/high school and it is true now with my husband being my only friend. He had at one point in time talked about going and playing poker with "the guys" at work, and I didn't say no but I felt very sad that he would want to do something without me. He ended up not doing it and I felt much relieved lol. Now we pretty much do everything together (well he works and I don't go with him but within reason!)

Anyone else get the feeling that you committed a faux pas socially, but no one is willing to tell you, and instead they whisper and look at you askew?
I may be just paranoid or it may be true....how am I to know?
A lot. Anytime I think I've messed up and people are whispering such that I can't hear I wonder. I also feel paranoid when people are texting and I can't see or are talking on the phone and go outside (for a quieter environment not for privacy).

As for me, one of the many things I always do is when I get a cup of soda from a fast-food restaurant, I always have to push down those little tabs that say what soda you have. ALL the tabs. It just feels great!
I used to do that too!!! I also feel a need to use all the "supplies" provided when getting fast food. Like if I get a salad, I have to use all the condiments and the fork and knife and all the dressings....

I can't stand most upholstery & can't let it touch my skin: even just my hands. I am only comfortable on leather seats (NOT leatherette or vinyl!). Even cars with fabric upholstery creep me out & I view all microfibre sofas, jacquard fabric chairs & any other upholstery besides leather with deep suspicion & doubt. Firstly, it smells funny. Every time & I don't care how much Febreeze people try to disguise the smell with. Even when spotless & brand new it smells & feels 'off' & feels wrong.
I'm kind of the opposite. I can't stand leather or other types of "butt sticks to the seat" kind of material. I don't like the feeling of my skin sticking to things. I also LOVE the smell of a blush brush - you know the kind that you twist out of a metal cannister? I used to deeply inhale the scent in those. I don't know what it is. It's almost new car smell but not quite. I'm sure I looked quite weird doing it. I don't wear makeup and thus don't have a blush brush or I'd probably be doing it still lol.

On a sensible note I am having problems wearing any clothes today-everything feels wet and clingy- I feel unclean-I don't know why it happens- I am wearing the same jeans that were washed and the same T shirt but they feel disgusting!!
I have major issues with this. Like when I get out of the bath, even though I just washed all over and washed my hair (which is hip length), and even though I feel great IN the water... as soon as I get out and air is the majority of what is surrounding me I instantly feel gross. I can't stand the feel of water on my skin, and I can't stand how my hair feels on my back. It feels oily and greasy (and it's obviously not), and it makes me feel soooo gross until I finally manage to get dressed and get my hair off my neck. Once I am dressed, here's a weird thing - if my face feels oily because of cooking (aka steam gets on my face and I associate it with grease) then I have to wash my face... if I do it with hot water it's fine, but if it's with cold water it's gross. I can smell the slightest odors in my clothes so like if my detergent sucks or my clothes have been sitting in the drawer too long then I can smell the mustiness and have to spray a bunch of body spray all over it till that's all I can smell.

So I have been wondering . Is having trouble with money something that people with AS and other Autism Spectrum Disorder's struggle with? Or is it individually based? I know from my schooling that people who suffer from other disorders like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Or bipolar, or addictions often have issues with money due to the symptoms of their disorder. So My thought is that my inability to understand money is due to AS. I have a math integration disorder that also I think contributes but I wonder if it is often associated as a symptom of AS? Anyone else have money issues and if so do they believe that it is part of the AS or another disorder or unrelated?
I am good at managing my money. On a spreadsheet. Mostly because I like the challenge of making all the numbers "work". Not because I have any control over my spending. Mostly I don't spend because I don't go out and I don't allow myself to shop online because I would have a difficult time resisting urges. I promise myself I can get stuff later with tax refund or something to that affect. And also when I do want to buy stuff it's usually not for me anyways. My husband has to tell me I have to buy clothes for myself instead of buying something for my children a lot lol. Otherwise I'd be running around in everything threadbare and patched. Now this being said... if I'm having a bad day and my husband offers to pick up something for dinner and I know we don't have the money, I say yes anyways... so... lol.

It made me really apprehensive whenever a bill would come so I'd delay opening them. That got me in trouble with some late payments sometimes. It's just so anxiety-inducing that some days I just can't think about it.
I get that way when bill collectors call even though I've already paid the bill. It doesn't make sense to me why they can't mark my account as "said they mailed payment" and stop calling me everyday,

Same with me. Untill at least 15, I couldn't see any logic on how analog clocks work. It still seems absurd that you have to do a calculation just to tell what time is it. I also have problems associating the 24h type to AM/PM types(ex. think of 22:45 as 10:45pm).
I ALWAYS have to count up from 13:00.

I never liked the way we learn to write. Instead, I prefer to write just like the computer typos.
I spent a great deal of time in my life imitating handwriting samples I admired. To this day my signature is how my aunt writes my name...

I talk to myself all the time, but its more pretending I am someone else or doing something else.
I play conversations in my head with various people ALL the time. I played out how the conversation with the psychaitrist I never ended up seeing went several times. And I play conversations in my head with my husband all the time. I don't talk out loud but I am constantly "talking to myself" mentally all the time.

Does anyone have sudden, intense reactions to certain things people say to you?
Well when my children say no of course, fills me with intense rage. I have had several discussions with my husband and dared to express my opinions which were in contrast to his and I expected an intellectual return of opinions, but he would suddenly get mad and as a result I would withdraw and my "intense reaction" was going from being talkative to withdrawing to another room and saying nothing.

I've got a goofball husband too. I married my therapy I guess!
Same. My husband understands me and makes me laugh all the time. He also is the only person whose eyes I can look into without feeling uncomfortable. And he picks up my subtle sarcasm that escapes almost everyone else I know.

Ok now one of my weirdities...
If my schedule gets off, I can't accomplish anything without it feeling like a great effort. Like when my husband was going to work at regular times I had a great schedule and the house looked great all the time. Recently he's switched jobs to one with much more unpredicatable hours and now I find myself falling behind in chores and not being able to accomplish much of anything. Ironically this is when I started to notice all these things about me and start to wonder what was wrong with me.

I've read that people with aspergers lack empathy, but I'm not sure that is a fair description. I would describe myself as indifferent to most people. It isn't that I hope something bad happens to them, but who has the energy to take great concern over every single person. There are a few people who mean the world to me, but just a few. The rest I only feel indifference. Does this mean I lack empathy? Just because I don't want to listen to them go on and on, and generally find most people boring.

BTW - To the earlier posters - I hate noise, any and all noise. I have a vivid inner world and talk to myself all the time.

I talk to myself when I'm alone, and I also can't stand mouth noises! I'm a completely silent breather so it drives me crazy when someone breathes really loud. Ditto with chewing.

Omg my mom is the loudest breather and chewer ever. It's disgusting. I can't be in the same room as her when its quiet because all I can hear is her breathing. :mad:

Omg my mom is the loudest breather and chewer ever. It's disgusting. I can't be in the same room as her when its quiet because all I can hear is her breathing. :mad:

I sleep in bed with my husband and our two dogs and all three of them are mouth-breathers! I've learned to get used to it so at least I can get some sleep, but I'd still rather they breathed quietly, lol.

This is more of a fact than a question, but we could discuss it anyway. Whenever I look up interesting facts for fun (typical of autism), and then say a "did you know" fact to people, they seem like they're bored with it. I think it's ignorant for some people to label us aspies with the term "Walking Encyclopedia." I think we just happen to be really curious about facts and figures, and I see nothing wrong with that.

This is more of a fact than a question, but we could discuss it anyway. Whenever I look up interesting facts for fun (typical of autism), and then say a "did you know" fact to people, they seem like they're bored with it. I think it's ignorant for some people to label us aspies with the term "Walking Encyclopedia." I think we just happen to be really curious about facts and figures, and I see nothing wrong with that.

I get called a Walking Encyclopedia/Dictionary all the time. Usually people are bored with it, besides my husband. It's kind of frustrating because I find that kind of stuff really fascinating.

I get called a Walking Encyclopedia/Dictionary all the time. Usually people are bored with it, besides my husband. It's kind of frustrating because I find that kind of stuff really fascinating.
I get called that by my mom too. I love her but I hate it when she says that. I have a friend who is also autistic. He's eleven, so we're not that close in age but he's really smart with animal facts like I am. Lately, I've been learning about otters and he's been reading some big cat books.

I get called that by my mom too. I love her but I hate it when she says that. I have a friend who is also autistic. He's eleven, so we're not that close in age but he's really smart with animal facts like I am. Lately, I've been learning about otters and he's been reading some big cat books.

I don't mind it because I do pride myself in my intelligence, but I'm so much more than that! I wish other people were more curious about the world.

Why does it seem like most people don't listen to aspies all that well? Some people listen to me, so I shouldn't be complaining, But still.

Do most aspies hate going to the doctor? I really don't like it. I really find it uncomfy and find it hard not to stim because it makes me agitated. I never know what I am supposed to say and what is too much to say. Plus they get all pushy sometimes if you haven't done something you hsould have in terms of like getting things checked out in a timely manner.

New Threads

Top Bottom