• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is This a Joke?

Bellatrix

Space Left Deliberately Blank
Whilst investigating the phenomenon that has come to be called 'Cultural Marxism', I came across this article and website by accident. Perhaps due to my 'Aspieness', I truly cannot tell if these people are actually serious about what they say here. I'm hoping that it is just a joke, even though a very sick one, because if they truly believe this rubbish then all I can say is that I hope they don't pass on these warped ideas to any offspring they may have. I hope they don't have any offspring full-stop!

Warning: This article is truly sick, bizarre and disturbing.

https://diversitychronicle.wordpres...male-students-to-commit-suicide-during-class/

I can't really explain what gave it away (I didn't see the disclaimer either), just something about the phrasing. This sentence: "The good Professor’s sound and reasonable words resonate with every enlightened and progressive mind." Just scream SARCASM at me. Possibly the rather pompous phrasing and over exaggeration of how completely reasonable this is.
I read a lot of fiction so I've just learnt to pick up on this stuff I guess. When people are sarcastic in conversation I generally don't have a clue though, if only everyone communicated through writing life would be so much easier!

I can't really explain what gave it away (I didn't see the disclaimer either), just something about the phrasing. This sentence: "The good Professor’s sound and reasonable words resonate with every enlightened and progressive mind." Just scream SARCASM at me. Possibly the rather pompous phrasing and over exaggeration of how completely reasonable this is.
I read a lot of fiction so I've just learnt to pick up on this stuff I guess. When people are sarcastic in conversation I generally don't have a clue though, if only everyone communicated through writing life would be so much easier!
Well, it's also a belief commonly attributed to leftists and especially college professors, but here's the thing: it's pretty much all right-wingers actually claiming that leftwingers believe this stuff. There are no people genuinely advocating for this.

Well, it's also a belief commonly attributed to leftists and especially college professors, but here's the thing: it's pretty much all right-wingers actually claiming that leftwingers believe this stuff. There are no people genuinely advocating for this.

I'm not so sure about this. I once met an ardent environmentalist who sincerely believed that the only way to ultimately save the planet was to encourage the human race to die out, and another "leftie" who thought that suicide bombing was simply an aspect of Islamic culture that we should not only try to understand, but accept as well.

There really are some crazy people out there.

Tell me about it, Bellatrix!!!!!!!!! I think mankind has gone off the rails sometimes! We Aspies need to be an example of LOGICAL acceptance and accommodation.

New Threads

Top Bottom