• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is childlike behavior common in people with aspergers?

Omg SAME. When I was up to my teen years, nearly everyone would say how mature I look and act like...the minute I turned adult and on..it's like time went backwards. Ofc emotionally I had always been extremely immature. But this isn't obvious unless someone gets to know you extremely well. Almost nobody knew me too well, not even my own family. And I'd always show very specific things of me to my friends. But my behavior always tended to be a bit more..''professor'' like to my peers as you also say. Right now I feel that more than ever I'm still a child. I force myself to function as an adult because I learned in a very stressful way, that from the moment I'd turn 18, I'd have responsibilities, I'd need to work and make my money and so on. But when I'm not running around with obligations, the real mini me comes out and it's all over the place x_p

Yes, SageRose I definitely relate to your description though I don't know that most people would believe me when I tell them I feel mentally childlike. I am not childlike in any way that would strike people as they interact with me and I am often described as wise, but I find adulting very difficult and I fail at it in many ways that I am somewhat able to hide. I have been lucky and had plenty of safety nets in my life. I can be more naive about people than I would like to admit to.

First l use to feel naive, now l let people assume whatever they want about me. They are quicker to show their true colors if u do come across naive.

dont worry i am 41 years old and i still like sesame street bear in the blue house clifford the dog calliou rugrats the flenstones the jetsons arthure dinesy winny the pooh exe just be your self and i wish you a verry verry happy happy day

New Threads

Top Bottom