• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ipads and Tablet computers

Ipads or Android tablet computers?

• Ipads

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Android Tablet computers

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't vote, but that's because there isn't a third option. I create apps for mobile devices. While I find programming for android a little easier because the security is a little more relaxed and easy to identify what will work and what won't without having to load it on the device, apple iOS is cleaner in its intuitive design. So I find them both to have their pros and cons and can easily switch between the two to use.

In comparison between the two, I've always found that the iPad were in somewhat ways easier for me to use compared to the android tablets. But I can't really tell since I haven't really used the android tablets long enough to know and to do a fair comparison.

The Android tablet OS is, in my humble opinion, a bit prettier, a bit more elegant than iOS, which is basically just an oversized iPhone. However, I think iOS is much easier to use. I cannot speak for hardware/specs, but the Droids seem to be a little bit slower.

I am on an iPad 2 right now. I think it is actually fine without Retina, so that might be a good, cheaper option.

Eh, if I ever got a tablet, it would probably have to be something like this:
ThinkPad X230t Convertible Laptop | Lenovo | Lenovo (US)

I might be interested in a tablet if I ever have the money to set up a home server for computing that I can ssh into when I am away. Unfortunately, I can't do that due to monetary reasons and that I don't own the routers at my house (no port forwarding).

New Threads

Top Bottom