• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Investments

Etzelaire

Hi folks I would like to contact with someone currently investing in the exchange market, indexs or whatever.

Seems like not a lot of folks here invest in the market. My ex-bf is an investor in the UK. He can be found on FB. The name he uses is Neil Horlock (not his real name). Search him in Newcastle upon Tyne. All of this is information he currently makes public, so I'm not giving out any unauthorized information. One word of caution: He is an Aspie, and he suffers from Bipolar I disorder, so he can get a little funny at times. He is very good in the stock market though. He might be an interesting chap to converse with if he's in the right mood. Good luck with your investments!

P.S. Best not to mention me. Not a good break up.

Seems like not a lot of folks here invest in the market. My ex-bf is an investor in the UK. He can be found on FB. The name he uses is Neil Horlock (not his real name). Search him in Newcastle upon Tyne. All of this is information he currently makes public, so I'm not giving out any unauthorized information. One word of caution: He is an Aspie, and he suffers from Bipolar I disorder, so he can get a little funny at times. He is very good in the stock market though. He might be an interesting chap to converse with if he's in the right mood. Good luck with your investments!

P.S. Best not to mention me. Not a good break up.
Thank you so much :) this is the best forum I have ever encountered I feel better than at home!

Nah, I don't invest. I used to, I had a bank CD. But at 0.35% interest, it's not worth having a big chunk of change tied up for a year or more just to get a few dollars.

Nah, I don't invest. I used to, I had a bank CD. But at 0.35% interest, it's not worth having a big chunk of change tied up for a year or more just to get a few dollars.

I've invested in lots of things, but nothing ever panned out. Currently, I'm invested in one stock that has promise, but is very volatile. I don't have that much riding on it, so I just ignore it and hope for the best. The unpredictability of the stock market doesn't set well with my Aspie nature I guess. :)

I've invested in lots of things, but nothing ever panned out. Currently, I'm invested in one stock that has promise, but is very volatile. I don't have that much riding on it, so I just ignore it and hope for the best. The unpredictability of the stock market doesn't set well with my Aspie nature I guess. :)
I've never touched stock. Too volatile to my liking, I'd rather take my chances with Blackjack. :p
(And then that I'd rather goof off with on a video game or with Monopoly money. I'm not a good gambler.)

I make a living at it. Or try to. Just got out of the market completely as the 50-day moving average crossed the 200-day moving average. Very ominous, even for the annually dreaded month of October.

As Market Watch posted, it seems 2014 for investing has been as "dangerous" as 2008.Yeah. Certainly my most unprofitable year, but at least I haven't lost a dime of my principal investment in doing as such for the last five-plus years.

People who know me occasionally ask what they should invest in. I usually respond, "Don't."

For now, I'm sitting on the sidelines to see how things pan out to the end of the month and possibly the remainder for the year. There's just a convergence of too many "risk-off" considerations happening at the same time to make this environment conducive for the small investor. That anticipated "ten-percent correction" appears to be here. Question is whether it's anything more than that. Time will tell...

Last edited:
I make a living at it. Or try to. Just got out of the market completely as the 50-day moving average crossed the 200-day moving average. Very ominous, even for the annually dreaded month of October.

As Market Watch posted, it seems 2014 for investing has been as "dangerous" as 2008.Yeah. Certainly my most unprofitable year, but at least I haven't lost a dime of my principal investment in doing as such for the last five-plus years.

People who know me occasionally ask what they should invest in. I usually respond, "Don't."

For now, I'm sitting on the sidelines to see how things pan out to the end of the month and possibly the remainder for the year. There's just a convergence of too many "risk-off" considerations happening at the same time to make this environment conducive for the small investor. That anticipated "ten-percent correction" appears to be here. Question is whether it's anything more than that. Time will tell...
If I knew enough as to earn a thousand euros per month I'd be satisfied with that.

If I knew enough as to earn a thousand euros per month I'd be satisfied with that.

My experience has shown that I can never anticipate a consistent revenue stream on the market. Even while being well-diversified. Too many risk-on/risk-off happenings and in a global economy. Things can change on a dime.

Here's a very classic example of a well-known "risk-on/risk-off" happening in real time.

Ebola versus airlines stocks. Just google "LUV" (Southwest Airlines). Really sad given this stock was one of the best ones in the S&P 500 index only a few weeks ago. "DAL"- Delta Airlines is doing much worse today as well.

Ebola fear is impacting all the airline stocks at this point. Fear of the unknown.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom