• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction

Stephanie S.

Hello there,

My 16 year old daughter has Asperger's syndrome and she is actually fairing nicely with it. She really love parrots and is pretty smart with them. She knows their warning signs, how to deal with and react to bites, how to safely handle and train them through their skittishness and aggression. I'm so proud she knows all this and has a hobby she really enjoys. She also is starting to take an interest in horses and makes fantastic, incredibly detailed tack for her 3 model horses, all from memory!

I'll have to show some pictures I took of it. It's really nice.

Welcome :)

It's great that you've joined us on behalf of your daughter, she's very lucky to have such support. Feel free to browse our forums, and join our discussions. We have a parenting section here, should you wish to contribute: Parenting & Autism Discussions | AspiesCentral.com

We also have a recommended resources section, for books on AS. I recommend anything written by Dr. Tony Attwood: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

As you have a daughter on the spectrum, I would also like to recommend this book. It has many helpful guidelines for both young women on the spectrum, and their parents, to better understand how AS affects women differently to men. It also has a survival guide for typical social pitfalls we women may face in life: Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Welcome, Stephanie!

I would love to see pictures of the model tack---I love horses, too!

Welcome to the world of the Aspie :)

It is good to nurture skills and interests...she is no doubt very special and it may be her life's calling in any of them.
Thanks for taking the time to see she her interests...that makes you special now too. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom