• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction

Wab

Hello

My name is Wab and I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 9, now 20, turning 21 next month.

My interests are 70s/80s music (particularly The Band, Pat Benatar, Laura Branigan, Leonard Cohen, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Rainbow, The Rolling Stones, Santana, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Neil Young), dogs, birds and my family tree. I have four dogs (Boxer x Staffie, Samoyed, Australian Terrier, Golden Retriever x Samoyed) and a bird (Cockatiel). I also have a collection of over 500 vinyl records.

I'm a genius at my family tree, I've traced back to the 17th century and found ancestors from England, New Zealand and Scotland.

Hello

My name is Wab and I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 9, now 20, turning 21 next month.

My interests are 70s/80s music (particularly The Band, Pat Benatar, Laura Branigan, Leonard Cohen, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Rainbow, The Rolling Stones, Santana, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Neil Young), dogs, birds and my family tree. I have four dogs (Boxer x Staffie, Samoyed, Australian Terrier, Golden Retriever x Samoyed) and a bird (Cockatiel). I also have a collection of over 500 vinyl records.

I'm a genius at my family tree, I've traced back to the 17th century and found ancestors from England, New Zealand and Scotland.
I like your taste in music, Wab!

Also, I'm also interested in genealogy, I am a member of the Sons of the American Revolution and have traced several of my lines back to the 1700's.

Wow, that's cool. I've also scanned many of my old family photos to preserve for future generations, all sorted by year/decade. I'm the only person in my whole family with the largest collection of scanned photos on a computer.

Nice, I have a picture of my g-grandfather with my grandfather from a newspaper clipping and a picture that is probably my gg-grandfather and his wife. Lots of census data from Tennessee and death and birth certificates.

My great-grandfather was Deputy Mayor of Eastbourne (Wellington, NZ) and his father was a Methodist preacher and blacksmith.

Most of my ancestors were farmers and moonshiners with a judge thrown in there for good measure! :) On another line I have a blacksmith who moved to Texas. Also, soldiers who fought in every war in this country.

Welcome :)

That's quite impressive, dating back your family so far back. You must have discovered some interesting stories.

I hope you're settling in nicely here.

A retro hello, from back in the future :) best wishes Wab!
This is my painted version of the cover art for the album "the Matter" by Faded Paper Figures (my favorite band)
image.jpg

image.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom