• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing my younger brother who's diagnosed as autist asperger

MockingJay

Hello everyone,
First of all, thank you for reading my post. This thread is mainly to introduce my younger brother who is diagnosed as asperger, but I will also introduce myself briefly.

I am as of today located in France - Paris, where I work as a software engineer, I am originary from Morocco, where my Brother lives and ends his high school education next year. He is 19 years old. At his early ages, he started to speak later than "normal",when my parents went to the speech therapist they were told that my brother had a dysphasia. He started to speak though, but it always seemed even today that he don't always understand our humour and even metaphors. At primary school he repeated grades two times, It seemed that he wasn't a fit for regular classes, after these failures, my parents went to other therapists and professionals, they even asked if my brother was retarded, they were told that he wasn't and that his school issues mainly on reading and mathematics were due to dyslexia and dyscalculia troubles. We afterwards discovered amazing things about him, mainly with days, it appeared that my brother could guess week days from any date, he could also locate any year where for example a Friday 13 has occurred, that is called perpetual calendar, and he also could memorize a lot of family members phone numbers and especially birthdays of relatively distant family. When seeing him I guess 5 years ago, at a family occasion, a therapist, who is a family friend told my father that he has autism and that he might be an aspie. My father went to see other doctors, and they approved this new diagnosis.

My brother has hopefully reached the final year of high school this year, since secondary school He beneficiated from adapted exams to his case with a an accompanist to read questions to him.

Finally I would say that he has always been kind, he is always very honest, like he doesn't know lying or any bad thing and he is affectionate. He doesn't distinguish between people, he could talk to me like he talks to the director of his school, he usually talks a formal language, sometimes a bit elevated and with a bit of impetuosity.

He spends a lot of time either drawing -the same face-, or on youtube.
What we aim now is to help him could qualify and attend a facility that could deal with his case once he takes his highschool degree, the deal now is that he could find an area where he could be happy and autonomous.

Again, thank you for reading, hopefully if you know an analogous case, your advices would be very helpful.

Saad

upload_2019-6-16_17-8-0.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I'm new and they are a welcoming bunch, I hope you both stick around.

Hi Mockingjay. And hello to your brother. So are you here on his behalf or are you preparing the way for him to join us also? Both are very welcome, I'm just a little confused in what you're saying.

Hi Mockingjay. And hello to your brother. So are you here on his behalf or are you preparing the way for him to join us also? Both are very welcome, I'm just a little confused in what you're saying.
Hi Pats,
I am actually here without his knowledge, I am mainly here to know more about autism and the asperger syndrom, to learn about people's experiences and certainly to assist him in his path.
I recognize that the idea of introducing him to the platform didn't cross my mind, but now that it has been evoked, I will suggest it to him next time we meet, hopefully in three weeks.

Thank you for your message :).

Welcome MockingJay!
It would be nice to have both you and your brother together here.
This is a good place to be with others of like minds and experiences.

Welcome MockingJay!
It would be nice to have both you and your brother together here.
This is a good place to be with others of like minds and experiences.
Hi Susan,
Sorry for the delay, My brother Tarek is coming soon, haven't talked with him about it, but I will see him in two weeks, I will make him discover the plateform :).

Thank you for your message, so cool !

New Threads

Top Bottom