• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Intro

Des

Hi,
My name is Desolee and I am the mother of twin Aspergers boys. I am constantly searching now for answers to help the younger of my twin boys. His name is Nathan and since the loss of his brother in a work place accident about 7 years ago his struggle with anxiety and control of his emotions is becoming very difficult. He has a young daughter who is 18 months old and he is currently in his first year of university doing his Bachelor of Nursing. He has worked so hard to achieve this goal and although he won't believe in himself, he is very smart (scoring a 6.3 GPA on his University preparation course). He wants so much to make a good life for his daughter , and show her that it is only through hard work that you achieve! I am so proud of him.

He does however have a very hard time controlling his emotions and fights the anxiety beast every single day. I have read some articles on using Cannabis oil to help but not sure if it is legal in Australia as yet and also the cost is a worry. My son is on a single parent pension and I am struggling to help him as much as I can with his university costs.

I am not looking for a handout, please understand that. We stand on our own two feet and manage! I am looking to see if there is any information about legalities of this treatment and ways to manage the cost if he was to be prescribed this kind of medication.

Are there any studies being done in Australia that he could get on board with? I am so proud of the man he has become but know enough about Aspergers to understand that his fight is real. He is one of the most compassionate people I have ever known and his heart gets him in trouble some times as he is just too caring about other people and their problems.

His father is also diagnosed and went through a period of self destruction that almost destroyed our family. I don't want to see Nathan have that happen to him. My husband was diagnosed after we learned about Aspergers and he was diagnosed by Tony Attwood. My son is the only one of the family still in contact with his father.

If anyone has any information that might help me to help my boy, please let me know. Thanks!

upload_2019-4-14_19-58-41.png

Welcome to the forums! I don't know much about Australia, but maybe others here do! Good luck!

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom