• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

In burnout…? Maybe…?

iamlindsaythatisall

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday
I’ve had… a lot happen over the past year, and I’m noticing that I’m finding it hard to enjoy anything, really. I’ve also noticed that I’m having an even harder time being around people, including family. My ability to mask is gone, but not having it also causes a lot of anxiety. I’ve been experiencing a lot of brain fog, exhaustion, and general malaise. My ability to communicate has also significantly decreased. I’m finding it much harder to find the “right words” in certain situations. Maybe it’s because I’m 30 (in 6 days) and my brain is just losing steam from age. Idk. It don’t feel good, and it’s putting me in a real funk. I have so much I want to do, but I’m losing the steam to do any of it.

I just needed to spill, as I’ve noticed that no one really seems to “get it” when I talk about it irl. I’m not looking for advice, just understanding, ya know?

/rant_over

You don’t have to do anything. Take that break you need, even if it’s to sleep and reset. You’ve got a lot going on, and that can be extremely overwhelming (I’m currently going through a lot myself and I’m finding that by resetting by distancing myself from the more challenging aspects is helping) to the point where you don’t know what is happening. I don’t know what to say about turning 30. I don’t like my birthdays, as I always feel like I have not achieved anything that’s expected of my peer group and that is often more stressful to think about — is this a similar reason why for you?

You don’t have to do anything. Take that break you need, even if it’s to sleep and reset. You’ve got a lot going on, and that can be extremely overwhelming (I’m currently going through a lot myself and I’m finding that by resetting by distancing myself from the more challenging aspects is helping) to the point where you don’t know what is happening. I don’t know what to say about turning 30. I don’t like my birthdays, as I always feel like I have not achieved anything that’s expected of my peer group and that is often more stressful to think about — is this a similar reason why for you?
Oh, it sure is. I feel as if I set myself back and I’ll never catch up.

I’ve had… a lot happen over the past year, and I’m noticing that I’m finding it hard to enjoy anything, really. I’ve also noticed that I’m having an even harder time being around people, including family. My ability to mask is gone, but not having it also causes a lot of anxiety. I’ve been experiencing a lot of brain fog, exhaustion, and general malaise. My ability to communicate has also significantly decreased. I’m finding it much harder to find the “right words” in certain situations. Maybe it’s because I’m 30 (in 6 days) and my brain is just losing steam from age. Idk. It don’t feel good, and it’s putting me in a real funk. I have so much I want to do, but I’m losing the steam to do any of it.

I just needed to spill, as I’ve noticed that no one really seems to “get it” when I talk about it irl. I’m not looking for advice, just understanding, ya know?

/rant_over
Textbook depression. At 30 your brain is building steam, not losing it. Your reaction to your environment is what is doing you in.

/rant_over

It's got nothing to do with age. You're stuck in cycle of burnout-anxiety-sleep deprivation, which also leads to a decline in language skills and performance skills. Brainfog and clumsiness on top of it.
Welcome to the club, I've been feeling very much the same.

It's got nothing to do with age. You're stuck in cycle of burnout-anxiety-sleep deprivation, which also leads to a decline in language skills and performance skills. Brainfog and clumsiness on top of it.
Welcome to the club, I've been feeling very much the same.
I just hope that one day I can recover from this.

I just hope that one day I can recover from this.

I think perhaps the best thing for you to do is to just relax and stop trying to push yourself for a while. Whenever I have periods of autistic burnout, I’ve found that the only way to get through them is to pull back and “drop out” for a while. Go easy on yourself.

New Threads

Top Bottom