• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Imperfection" - a poem for you artists

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Was at a poetry performance tonight, and my friend Miranda read this poem, it really struck as I feel so imperfect myself, had a nice chat with her after as I also haven't seen her for a few years now, she does love my photos but I still feel imperfect as I look at other people :rolleyes: Here is an older video of the same poem, so much truth in it that makes me think twice... Just for the record she is far more successful than me within the creative community, there I'm doing it again :rolleyes:

Oh, how I relate to her description of the artist.
I've always loved to draw. I took art classes in college.
I've done oil works for a few famous people.
And it's truly a building towards the goal of perfection.
Seeing all the little things that need tweaking, changing, more brush strokes.
Perfection...a work of futility.
It can never be that absolutely perfect ideal.
Sigh. Nor can I.

In the view of sports, it is all about winning and to win you have to be better than all the rest - striving for perfection.
However, I tend to find such sports as boring.

However, there are some sports winners that I applaud. For example: Eddie Edwards who was obsessed with being an Olympian. However, he wasn't interested in being the best or to be perfect or even to be a winner. He just wanted to be an Olympian. In his effort to be an Olympian, he set the world's record worst score. Yet, he became a winner. He became so famous a movie was made about him and his efforts: "Eddie the Eagle".

Another sport figure who won without any thoughts of being a winner or being perfect was Maurice Flitcroft who just wanted to be in a golf tournament. He set the worlds record worst score. Yet, he won beyond his wildest dreams. A movie was made about him also: "Phantom of the Open".

Indeed perfection does not have to be perfect. Most of the time, true perfection is nothing to do with perfect.

New Threads

Top Bottom