• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm old....but new

Kraftiekortie

Hi folks,

I signed on to this Site in 2013----but only have 11 posts at present, so I'm probably pretty "new."

I signed on here as "chaucer," so I can't change my name to Kraftiekortie (my name on WrongPlanet).

I am 57 years old. I was diagnosed with autism when I was 3 years old. I didn't talk until age 5 1/2. I've been working at the same place for almost 38 years, in a data-entry/clerical capacity.

Just wanted to say Hi, basically.

I hope you all have a nice day.

Hi folks,

I signed on to this Site in 2013----but only have 11 posts at present, so I'm probably pretty "new."

I signed on here as "chaucer," so I can't change my name to Kraftiekortie (my name on WrongPlanet).

Which do you prefer?

---
Well, although you didn't reply to me,
the answer is apparent.

Last edited:
Welcome back, and Hi. I just came back here after several months off, so am getting used to things again, too. Thanks for letting us know more about you, and how you just started talking at 5 and a half. That gives us hope for our son Dylan who is age 6 and still mostly nonverbal.

Welcome back :)

I can change your name here if you would like to have it the same as on WP.

Hi folks.

Yes, I would prefer Kraftiekortie. I hadn't thought of that name when I first signed on here. Thanks very much.

In 1966, I went to what seemed to me like an "autism research camp." It was known as Camp Harrelson. I was receiving informal speech therapy there.

One day, after a night sleeping alone in a cabin, I went into the therapy room, and somehow said "I see a ball." I guess I was repeating after the therapist. Also, it seemed like I was "emerging" from my autism, and I was starting to relate to other people. In short, by the time I was 6, I was talking like any other 6-year-old. I'll talk about this more another time. Thanks for asking.

Hi folks.

Yes, I would prefer Kraftiekortie. I hadn't thought of that name when I first signed on here. Thanks very much.

In 1966, I went to what seemed to me like an "autism research camp." It was known as Camp Harrelson. I was receiving informal speech therapy there.

One day, after a night sleeping alone in a cabin, I went into the therapy room, and somehow said "I see a ball." I guess I was repeating after the therapist. Also, it seemed like I was "emerging" from my autism, and I was starting to relate to other people. In short, by the time I was 6, I was talking like any other 6-year-old. I'll talk about this more another time. Thanks for asking.
Done deal ;)

I'd like to hear more about Dylan.

Does he benefit from a communication device? There are at least a couple of people on WrongPlanet who use Augmentative Communication Devices, and post very eloquent posts. They are primarily nonverbal.

I really like it when nonverbal people feel comfortable posting. I know how frustrating it is to have lots inside of you that needs to "come out." And it's difficult for it to "come out" if the person has something like dyspraxia (apraxia).

New Threads

Top Bottom