• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm not an Aspie, but I have OCD.

♫G♪

Jose3.jpg

Hello. I have OCD.
My entire father's family has Asperger's, but they differ in severity. Even if I do have Asperger's, it's not very severe.

I'm into Genetics. I wonder what the genes that account for Asperger's are. OCD obviously has a genetic component to it, since half of my ethnicity (Persian) has it. The genes for both of these (disorders?) might have had a benefit in some environments.

Well anyways, I joined this site because OCD is very similar to Asperger's.

Cybersix crying.jpg
My profile picture is of Jose, from the 90s show Cybersix. I love that show because the main character, Cybersix, is an artificial humanoid, who has different needs and abilities, just like Aspies. If her need (sustenance) is not met, she becomes weak and ill. However if her need is met, she becomes strong and has above-human powers. I guess Aspies are like her, but their need isn't a glowing green liquid, it is an understanding environment.

Welcome here!

I don't have Asperger's, I have HFA and OCD. I hope you find what you need here. Can I ask what kind of OCD you have?

Welcome here!

I don't have Asperger's, I have HFA and OCD. I hope you find what you need here. Can I ask what kind of OCD you have?

I have genetic OCD. I have an aunt (from my father's side) with severe OCD. Her OCD is so severe, she can't even clean her bathroom/kitchen/bedroom.
OCD is present in 40% of the Iranians (Persians, Turks, Mongols, Arabs, etc. descended from people with Iranian citizenship).
It's not evenly distributed, either. Some Iranian (ethnicities?) have it more than others. For example, when my mother first went to the city that my father's parents (Mongolians) were born in, she saw that nearly all of the women had hands that were red, and arms that were tan. The redness wasn't like a natural skin-tone red. It was red just like irritated skin (which it was).

I have lot's of proof to believe that the gene for OCD is strongly associated with a gene that brings benefits. If that wasn't the case, than why has natural selection kept it?

Wow.. I feel for you :(. I hope you can find some help here. I've read that it's possible to severely lessen OCD but very few people get rid of it completely.

That makes sense, it might be associated with something beneficial.

New Threads

Top Bottom