• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm at a loss of what to do next..........Help!

Grumpy Cat

Long story short, I was in a college algebra class and had to email my instructor several questions. He answered all my questions sometimes within 5 min, at any hour (including 1,2 or 3 am.) I can't explain why, but I felt some sort of attraction to him right away. After analyzing why, I came to the conclusion that it was because he reminded me of myself - single, smart, funny (in a different way), considerate and especially shy. I don't know why, but I was able to tell him anything in my emails like I had known him for 20 yrs. In class, he actually smiled at me a lot, would answer things in class that were directed to me and my emails (including a joke - that he had to explain of course - that he wrote on the board because I had asked in an email if he could tell more jokes in class). I especially took note to his attentiveness with all of my crazy questions (sometimes 10 -15 a day) that he would answer promptly and the way he would always be avail to answer my questions especially before tests at any hour (he knew I was very anxious before the tests). He very rarely answered anything personal on these emails (which I thought was because he was my instructor). In class, we each had a hard time talking with each other or looking at each other for very long. (Oh, during the class I ended up sending him a total of 224 emails.) Anyway, after the final, I sent him another email asking him if he would like to go out for coffee. He never answered that question. I kept emailing him all my usual stuff (I'm big into world news and economy) saying it was hard for me to just stop emailing him all of a sudden and even asked him if he still wanted to receive my emails. He sent an email back regarding the article I had sent which let me know that he didn't mind still getting my emails. Now, a month after class is over, I'm still emailing him about once a day and in one email I ventured to ask him what his interests are after listing some of my own. He never answered that question either. (One thing, with all the emails he has received from me, he knows ALOT about me as I don't really have anything to hide.) Why is he not answering any personal questions? Someone at work said he may have Asperger's (I could tell that he was a genius in math) and after I looked it up, he does have a lot of the signs. I just don't know what to do with someone who will not answer any of my questions. I even told him that "I'm interested in getting to know the people I like talking to and if they don't answer I feel like I'm having a conversation with myself". The thing is, after reading about Asperger's, I know I have some of the same tendencies so I can kind of put myself in his place on how he is thinking. I wish he would just come out and tell me if he was not interested because I'm feeling like I'm being strung along and I'm beginning to not like it. I usually don't put myself out for just anyone, but I have seen some good qualities in him and didn't want to just give up on him if he is unsure of what to say. Also, he is 10 yrs younger than me if that makes a difference. I don't look like my age though. Actually, it's strange, but we look alike and act alike personality-wise. And he lives right down the street from me. Huh. Someone, please tell me what I should do. I don't want a good thing to go to waste. (That story wasn't too short, was it?)

Well, I can't tell you what you should do, but please proceed with caution. You have a professional relationship with him already, as a student, and you'll have to make sure not to mix that up with any personal relationship you've cultivated.

New Threads

Top Bottom